Just found out......

aclay
on 11/26/12 11:41 pm - MA

I had my surgery done 1 year and 5 months ago! Went from 150 to 133 and just found out today I am 6 weeks pregnant.  I'm scared and don't know what to think!!!   I have only been at my goal weight for about a month and haven't even had time to enjoy that year and half of hard work.  Physically my body isn't ready for this!!!  I struggle w/vit d   level every couple of months and for the last 3 weeks have literally been in bed so exhausted /sick can't even move.  I get up dizzy/nauseous.  I have a daughter who will be 17 next month!!!! and a 12 yr old son...omg what was I thinking???  Has anyone had this happen so soon after surgery and the issues that came from it?  I just don't think my body is ready for this! So scared and tired of being so sick.

emt_amy
on 11/27/12 12:52 am - MN
i know a person who had her surgery 3 mo before me and she became preg this summer. her baby was very premie. i think if you follow drs orders to the t and keep very close tabs on it you will do fine. dont blow anything off as minor. congrats!

MultiMom
on 11/27/12 1:33 am - NH

I assume you went from 250 to 133 ??? Be sure that you let your OB know about your surgery and absorption issues. There is a pregnancy after weight loss surgery here on OH that would probably be a great resource for you too.

Congratulations.....btw, my oldest son was 17 when I had my youngest and I wouldn't change it :)

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

SoCaPinkLady
on 11/27/12 1:35 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Congratulations!!! Check with your Dr. and let them know you had WLS and need some extra advice on how to do this.

Lori                               

aclay
on 11/27/12 2:47 am - MA

OOppss yes went from 250 to 150...sorry!  Well for last 2 week very crampy so I already had ultrasound done last week and she said heartrate was about 85-90% so I have another scheduled for this Monday.  Ill call my gastric doctor and let her know what 's going on also.  My obgyn I did let her know and she actually doesn't have any pt's that have had gastric....oh great..illl be the guinea pig! LOL   Thank you for your responses!!!!!!

Kat1313
on 11/27/12 8:11 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

You might want to transfer to a High Risk Obstetrician, rather than try to educate your current doc if he/she is not familiar with the problems WLS patients face.  Better for you, better for baby.

aclay
on 11/27/12 10:23 pm - MA

Thank you! That is a great idea.  I'll ask her if she has recommendations I have to see her Monday for another u/s.