Think I'll be sticking to puree only for a while

Souperwoman
on 11/30/12 2:47 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

So the doc moved me to puree on Thurs. Upon looking at the sample menu I thought to myself "yay, whitefish is on there as long as I ma**** up well". Cut to dinner tonight.  A few tiny bites in and i was HURTING.  Either i didn't mu**** up enough or, more likely, the fish was too dang dry--way overcooked.  For the next hour and change I was in a fish induced newbie panic. lol  The pain did go away, thank goodness.  Alas, now even water is making my tummy remind me of my error.  I think it wants a bit of a break :)  I'll be sticking to ONLY PUREED ITEMS til my puree phase is over--I don't care what the doc's sample menu says.

On a plus note, I had my fist NSV today! It's been 2 years since I've gone to the grocery store with my hubby (a point of much contention between us because he hated going alone).  The walking was just too difficult for me.  Today I not only went with him, I wanted to keep going and going! I outlasted even my husband.  Man, it's crazy what even a few pounds and less fast food crap in your body can do for you.

Lindah55
on 12/1/12 12:04 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

Fish hurts my pouch too. I am hoping it is only temporary as In am a newbie too. (10/9/2012) I was able to keep a chicken

wing down without pain the other day so I am hopeful my pouch is changing. Good luck.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/12 1:27 am

Very normal.  Try it down the road.  Some things just don't sit right and even for me after 6 months out certain things I just don't eat because it sits like a rock.  Fish I can do alot better now, cod is one but forget tuna. It sit's like a rock in my pouch.   It's ok, because there are plenty of other ways to get your protein in.  I never went to a pureed stage.  Went from solid liquids first week and then on to softer foods but they were not pureed.  Keep trying and only introduce one that at a time, that way you will know whether it sits right or not.  If you try 2 or 3 different items and get sick you won't know from which food.

What is so important is your fluid intake.  I cannot drink plain water so I use water enhancers and drink more now than I ever have in my life.  Knock on wood, but it has kept me out of the hospital  from getting dehydrated.  I don't even want to go there.  I was so sick after surgery and sick to my stomach, but I was damned if I was going back to the hospital.  I had wonderful care, but I could not wait to get home.  But aren't you glad you have this surgery behind you? I know I was.  Best of luck, Jane

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views