Home from - Fleur-de-lis TT /Hernia repair

jmelyn1977
on 12/1/12 10:43 am
Finally home! Had surgery on Wednesday. Thought all was well and good. Thursday the nurse did my first dressing change and I was going to be discharged Thursday night. Was not having much pain and actually feeling pretty well.
Until..... I was laying in my hospital and could feel wetness on my back. I was gooshing blood from my left side drain site. Had 3 nurses in my room pretty quickly. They were visibly watching my stomach fill with blood. My surgeon was AMAZING - and I was back into surgery again to see if he could find where it was coming from. And thankfully - he did, cleaned out my tummy and stitched me back up. Ended up staying until today - been up and moving around. Feeling pretty good. Haven't needed to take much for pain meds. Mostly at night to sleep.

So I now have an amazing flat stomach and a new belly button - that I love. Hopefully I will be able to post pics later this week when I get on my computer.

Have a great night.
Jamie

shirleyfhoffman
on 12/1/12 12:10 pm - CA

That's scary! Thankfully they were able to fix it! I can't wait to see your pics! As soon as I can afford it, I'll be having a circumfrential abdominoplasty, arm lift, inner thigh lift, and breast lift with augmentation. I can't wait, but I feel a little crazy for working so hard to get chopped up. LOL

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

LouLouAmbrosia
on 12/1/12 4:48 pm - OH
I'm glad you're okay! Look forward to seeing your results!

Height:  5' 2"      HW: 322 (7/31/12)     SW: 292 (10/31/12)     Current:  220 (3/20/13)
GOAL WEIGHT: 140