Dr. Ramos in Ocala Florida...long

misspeachpie
on 12/12/12 1:53 am - FL
Hey guys,
I need help. I have selected Dr. Ramos for my surgeon however I haven't been able to locate very many reviews on him. He seemed nice at my consult but I wanna know more. I'm a little apprehensive also because he's a D.O. instead of a M.D. Does that even matter? I Have scheduled all my pre-op test for next Friday. I have 2 more nutritionist visits to do then my chart will be sent to Medicaid Share of Cost for approval. I'm so nervous. Any insight would be appreciated.
Annie_Anaba
on 12/12/12 5:02 am
RNY on 08/27/12

Does D.O. stand for Doctor of Osteopathy? If they were trained in America they are the same as an M.D.. However if they were trained outside the US they have limitations to what they can do. I agree you should investigate them a little further because this surgery is invasive and can cause many complication when it is performed RIGHT. So its a good idea to make certain the person performing it knows what they are doing and is licensed to perform it. Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/12 5:42 am

You might want to post your question on the Florida message board.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/FL/a,messageboard/board_id,4811/

pattyjonichols
on 12/12/12 8:42 am

Definitely post this question on the Florida Message Board and check if he is registered to operate at various hospitals in Ocala.

I learned the hard way to did deep on surgeons...one prospect was very eager to do my surgery but then when I point blank asked him how many surgeries he had already done he said about 200.    OUCH!   The surgeon I finally picked has done over 2,000 surgeries and is affiliated with a hospital that has an actual Bariatric Center as part of their facilities. 

I was going to do surgery with a clinic originally and thank goodness I did not.  The surgeon backed out on me 2 weeks before my operation and he called me and said because I'm diabetic with pulmonary issues ONLY A HOSPITAL should be my choice NOT a clinic.   In case of problems the hospital has extended staff to help whereas a clinic does NOT.   Your life is in the surgeons hands so be very sure you have picked the right person and if it means going to a bigger city where they specialize  in Bariatric Surgery ..... then do that.  You aim for full care, before, during and after the surgery.

PS: I did have bleeding problems and believe me I'm so glad I was in a certified Hospital.  I got extra care and their Bariatric program includes a nutritionist and fitness expert plus on staff counselors...I'll have them for the next five years.

Good Luck and don't let anyone rush you until you are SURE .

Patty Jo Nichols

a/k/a  PJ

Sheila W.
on 12/12/12 10:09 am

If you are in Ocala you are not that far from Jacksonville.  I had my surgery done at Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville, FL by Dr. Stephen Bowers.  I have to say the entire team was amazing.  I am so pleased with their support and the care that I received pre and post surgery.  I was so nervous the day I went in and everyone was so patient with me.  I had no issues, and went home the day after surgery.  I got phone calls every week checking on me and the follow up appointments were very through.  I just really liked Dr. Bowers and felt very safe and secure with him.  Good Luck!!!

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself. HW 350 SW 324  SD10/19/12

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/12 7:08 am - FL
RNY on 05/14/12

I also had my surgery in Jacksonville, at the Baptist hospital downtown with Dr. Hodgett. If you can travel the little ways, I was surprised by how many really good options there were in town!

MultiMom
on 12/13/12 7:34 am - NH

I found a little information on him here: http://ocalahealthsystem.com/about/newsroom/ocala-health-system-names-new-medical-director-for

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

MultiMom
on 12/13/12 7:37 am - NH

There are a few reviews here on OH http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-salvador-ramos/

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 133 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?