Help!! I am starting to freak out here... surgery date possibly will be given to me in Jan!

mzlaura
on 12/15/12 10:05 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

I went for my weigh in on Thurs and i am past my goal weight of 318.6 i am 316.8. I was given the go-ahead to meet with the director of the program which is my last step before meeting with the surgeon, getting a date, then submitting my paperwork to insurance. My appt with the director is Jan 15th i have to finish my 6 week lifestyle classes which end Dec 27th and my psych eval which is Dec 28th. I could have a surgery date as soon as the end of Jan 2013

I have only told the people who are most important to me/close friends/family. No-one on my facebook or anything knows anything yet. My job already knows that i am getting this surgery too and they have been doing great with allowing me to take several days off and then my leave after surgery. Why does it seem i am so close yet so far.. crazy lol

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Kenyatta W.
on 12/15/12 11:57 am, edited 12/15/12 7:57 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13
Hello .....

My surgery date is right around the corner, Jan 7th. I'm nervous as heck! I go on my liquid diet for two weeks starting Christmas Eve which sucks!!!

I can't believe that I will be on the losers bench soon. I'm getting everything together like vitamins, protein powder, cleaning out the fridge and pantry. I'm geeked, nervous, and scared.

Kenyatta
seanseosamh
on 12/15/12 12:25 pm

I realize each program is different.  I had my surgery in July.  I only had to go on a pre-diet for two weeks pre-op.  Maybe it is different at this point because I am in the Medicare age group.

Anyway, my complications were almost non-existent at age 66.  I can only hope the best for you.  I am down 71 pounds from my high at 308...by all standards I have 50 pounds to go.

I know we are always looking for excuses, but leg pain, butt pain from sciatica have somewhat derailed my efforts.  I've had no net loss...due to steroids.  Weight goes up, weight drifts down.  For the most part, I have stuck to my eating plan.  To gain 7 pounds in a weekend, I DID NOT eat an extra 25,000 calories. 

Good luck with your procedure.  If everyone went as smoothly as mine,,,go for it!

anna9905
on 12/15/12 10:43 pm - GA

Good luck to you!  I am now on day 3 of my pre op liquid diet.  My date is Dec. 28th.  You will be a whirlwind of emotions!  I am excited one minute, scared and nervous the next.  All surgeons are different, but this liquid diet for me has been the hardest (don't get the jello and popsicles and soup like others I have read about).  If I can only make it 11 more days!!! lol..but good luck and your surgery will be here before you know it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views