Frustrated Again:(

Victoria A.
on 12/15/12 8:37 pm - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I have posted something very similar to this before, but please be patient with me! I had my surgery on October 29th, I have lost 38 pds! I feel like this is going sooo slow! I feel like this is maybe not working like it's supposed to. I am following all my Dr's plan, I am getting about 85 grams of protein a day and sometimes more. I am lacking a bit on the water. I have a physically demanding job, I work 5 days a week 12 hr days so I am getting excercise. Am I doing something wrong? 

poet_kelly
on 12/15/12 8:45 pm - OH

So you've lost 38 lbs in about six weeks?  That's slightly over six pounds per week!  According to my surgeon, three to five pounds per week is average, so you are losing faster than average.  How fast did you think you'd lose?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MultiMom
on 12/15/12 8:47 pm - NH

Unless your surgery was October 29, 2011 than you are doing BETTER than expected and you need to relax. 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Victoria A.
on 12/15/12 9:11 pm - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear. I guess I really don't know what to expect, thats why I posted the question, to gather as much info as I can!!!  This site can be very informative. Sometimes all we need is a bit of reassurance that everthing is moving along ok!

MultiMom
on 12/15/12 9:20 pm - NH

Unfortunately,  not all doctors seem to be informing their patients on what to expect (or our minds are in too much of an overload to grasp) after surgery. We work so hard to get the surgery done and then don't know if what is happening to us is right or wrong, fast or slow, normal or abnormal. 

Also be aware that you WILL, at some point, go for a week, maybe two or three that you won't lose any pounds. That does not mean that you are done losing or that you have done anything wrong. Your body is catching up with everything that is going on inside. Just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing and the pounds will follow.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Larry Wassmann
on 12/15/12 9:29 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

You have done very well. Are we in a race here? By the way you stop losing when you want to stop losing. I was told this past week by my surgeon that they are now making sure that everyone knows that the surgery is just a "jump start" to the DIET you will be on for the rest of your life, so you can lose as long as you want until there is only a small grease spot where you used to be.   Good luck to you and you are doing just fine, keep it up. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Victoria A.
on 12/15/12 10:01 pm - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

Thanks so much:)

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/12 10:10 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

"grease spot"   

Lindah55
on 12/15/12 11:13 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

My surgery was Oct 9th and I have lost 30lbs which has been holding for a couple of weeks. You are doing well.

mpjones
on 12/16/12 5:16 am
On December 16, 2012 at 7:13 AM Pacific Time, Lindah55 wrote:

My surgery was Oct 9th and I have lost 30lbs which has been holding for a couple of weeks. You are doing well.

We have the same surgery date !1 I've lost 38 pounds and thought that was slow--I'm so glad for the information on this forum, because I was really worried that I was "failing" at the WLS. Keep up the good work.