Emotional

Gretchen1127
on 12/17/12 11:06 pm

I just had surgery last week on the 10th.  I am healing well, but today finding myself struggling with my emotions.  I guess I didn't realize just how difficult this would all be emotionally. I have absolutely no appetite yet my brain is craving food...ugh...is this something that eventually goes away?

CaitlinTraveler
on 12/17/12 11:27 pm
RNY on 11/19/12

Hi Gretchen,

I completely understand what you're going through!  It's so hard at first, especially when you feel like you're not seeing any results.  Tomorrow is my one-month post op mark, and I'm down 24.7, which certainly isn't the most anyone has ever been down in a month, but it sure is something!  I've found that keeping busy keeps me from craving food that's bad for me, and because I'm not really hungry, I eventually forget all about it!  I have faith the head hunger will eventually go away, especially as you see results and are LOVING what is happening to your body.  Good luck!!!

Gretchen1127
on 12/18/12 3:39 am

Thank you for your response! It's a great feeling knowing there are others out there to listen and talk with :)

I just bought myself some needlework to try and keep myself busy.  I am hoping that once I go back to work it will get a little easier. I'm sure that sitting around the house all day doesn't help much lol.

Dee.spunk
on 12/17/12 11:41 pm - Sacramento, CA
It does get better! Hang in there! The first two weeks were the hardest for me. I had one really good cry at the end of the second week and I felt so much better after. Your emotions will go a bit wild for a while, but eventually you do even out. If it's super hard to do, i'd talk to someone.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Gretchen1127
on 12/18/12 3:40 am

Thank you!  I think I, too, need a good cry.  Congratulations on your weight loss you look great!

Dee.spunk
on 12/18/12 4:59 am - Sacramento, CA
You know what helped me? Get in a good chick flick (like PS I Love You) and some Kleenex and your water (liquid) sit down all cuddly and watch the movie and let it all out! Just cry til there's no more tears! I felt so good after that. I even went out to shop after! Lol!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

RebeccaElise
on 12/18/12 12:20 am - Quincy, MA

Hey! We're surgery date buddies! :)

I've also been having trouble with head hunger, but have managed to combat it by staying busy. For me, the hardest thing right now is being limited to largely sweet/dairy-based foods and nothing that I can chew. And I'm definitely having a lot of emotions when I smell foods that I cannot eat right now.

Gretchen1127
on 12/18/12 3:35 am
apurdie
on 12/18/12 3:18 pm - CA

I felt like this often during the first two weeks, and even though it is better now, 5 weeks out, I still feel like I am trying to deal with emotions in a different way than with food and am sometimes at a loss.  

Most Active
Recent Topics