Bleeding in stomach...?????

irobot
on 12/21/12 2:02 pm - Canada

Just had a upper GI scope done and the Dr said I had some bleeding in my stomach.  I haven't felt well since surgery and hope this explains alot but the dr. apparently told the nurse he would be in contact with me after Christmas. I am currently taking something that coats the stomach so maybe he is hoping this will correct the problem?  Anyone else have this situation and have it corrected?  Any suggestions?

Joyceebaby
on 12/21/12 10:37 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Most likely, if the doctor wants to wait until after Christmas to see you, then he must feel it's not emergent, or fixed the problem while scoping, or feels the meds will take care of the problem (or any combination of the three).  I'm a Medical Assistant and work a good bit in the GI specialty and this is usually the case.  I know it's scary, but keep taking the meds, follow up after Christmas, and try to enjoy the holidays :)

Mal
on 12/21/12 11:03 pm

I had a similar experience at 4 months postop.  I developed a stricture and had to have an endoscope done to stretch it back out and the doc found some bleeding (the beginning of ulcers).  He perscribed Carafate and Omeraprizole and it cleared up.  No more pain and I could eat again.  Keep taking the meds and it will get better.

Mallisa

irobot
on 12/21/12 11:22 pm - Canada

Thanks. I am taking Sulcrate 4 times a day (actually more like 3 because I can't fit it all in with the meds/vitamins/food and protein) but hope to feel better soon. I know he probably feels the problem isn't too serious, it's just frustrating to think I have to wait it out yet again. He found no stricture, and didn't fix anything while in there.  Just wondered if anyone had this and how long the healing process is.  It definitely explains why I feel so crappy all the time though.  Thanks again!

Most Active
Recent Topics