Really struggling, long rambling until the iPad cut me off....

MultiMom
on 12/28/12 6:28 am - NH

I know it sounds repetitive, but I really admire your strength in going through all of this!! As for your 15 year old.....I truly believe that she is dealing with all of this by NOT dealing with it. I'm sure that she is scared and doesn't know how to show it. I wish that I could give you both a big hug!! I think she needs reassurance that you might not be able to give her right now. 

I hope that things straighten out for you very soon. Keep coming here.....lots of us are here for you from many miles away but very close.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

scarlettbegonias
on 12/28/12 6:36 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

Thanks Martha, 

you always have wise words for me and I appreciate them!!

i know that's what's going on with her and I know my reassurances aren't enough, it's hard we were so close and she seems so distant now.

i just haven't been able to stop crying since I got home last night.

theres a handful of you on here who I can honest,y say have helped keep me sane- thank you!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

thynnlynn
on 12/28/12 8:56 am - MI

(((hugs)))  I have also been following your story as mine starts out with 4 years of hell from a band that had me vomiting 10 times a day and still being fat because there were short windows where I could eat and was ravenous.  Bullemic and fat was just wrong!

Now that I see many people have had band issues and then go on to have success with surgery gave me hope and a date until I managed to mess that up with my thyroid pills, but it will be back on track soon.

You have not let anyone down.  You have been doing the best you can to be the best you can for yourself and for your family and there should be no shame in that.  I feel so bad that all those horrible things happened to you,

Eventually, things will go your way and you will get better.  I know that is easier for me to say but it really can.  I have had to deal with many health problems in my life and some went easy but most did not.  It will amaze you, when you actually get on the other side of this, what a strong person you have become and also the things you learn that you can do for yourself (even if it is mind things) that other people cannot.  You have to be your advocate in the health care system and you have to make them listen to you.  Eventually, they will.

We are coming to the end of a year that has put you through hell and my wish for you is that 2013 brings you only the best, in everything that you do.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

scarlettbegonias
on 12/28/12 9:22 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

Thankyou for your kind words Lynn they are much appreciated.

i hope you get everything sorted and back on track soon.

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Calla Lily
on 12/28/12 11:27 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Go**** breaks my heart to read all you have gone thru! I would imagine I would feel the exact same way, but as others have said, it can only get better! It has too! I wish you the very best of success and health in 2013!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

scarlettbegonias
on 12/28/12 6:20 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

Misscalla thank you, that's my attitude now- I was having a really rough morning this morning, I think I've pulled myself together again now!