5 days post; op

Karen1961
on 1/5/13 3:02 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12
My surgery was 12/31. Right after surgery I thought maybe this was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life! Now it seems like I just can't stop crying! That could be related to the anesthesia but I don't know. I watched a cake decorating sbow yesterday (I have no idea why!) and cried, then cried because my partner made meatloaf for his dinner. I didn't want to eat it but I it smelled heavenly and the whole "concept" of meatloaf made me sob. I know food has been lover, friend, master and comforter but whew! I'm starting to feel a little psycho.
Pittiemama77
on 1/5/13 3:22 am - PA
RNY on 10/29/12
Take a deep breath, your body has been through a battle and your hormones are all over the place. I've been there myself. I had a lot of pre op anxiety, but tried to hold it back because I didn't want to scare my husband or myself anymore than I already was. I think it finally let loose about a week post op. You're on the path of changing your relationship with food, it's hard, but so worth it. You are worth it!!
Nicole R.
Roux-en-y
Surgery Date: 10/29/2012    
LINDAM23
on 1/5/13 9:50 am - Sacramento, CA

Hello I had my surgery on dec 26th and Im new at this as well, Ive been through same things, my husband watches the food channel and i look at all of that food i loved to eat and when he cooks food i smell it and fell sad i cant eat it , I watch him  eat thing i want to BAD ,I felt like what have i done the other day after he went to subway and ate his sandwich in my face i was so sad i could eat that but then i just realized i  now  look forward to eating healthy foods , it s not easy but today i ate cottage cheese and apple sauce for the first time after WLS i was so happy i got to eat that, it will get easy just keep your eye on the prize, IT WELL WORTH IT.... (and remember WLS is not a cure for the way we think of foods) I had to learn that also.... 

rebeccasymolon
on 1/5/13 10:52 am - OR

I was a food network watcher before my surgery which was the 28th of december. I get cravings a lot even though I Don' t really want it if I think it through and also eventually I will be able to have tasty healthy foods. So anyway I switched from cooking shows to hgtv, I' m hooked.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 403 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 160 views
Recent Topics