What is causing the exhaustion?

MBMom
on 1/3/13 9:42 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I am 15 weeks post op...down 67 pounds. I am so tired every single day...beyond normal. I have my 3 month bloodwork next week as I had my gall bladder out at 12 weeks. I also get lightheaded a few times a day. Tired of being tired.
cajungirl
on 1/3/13 9:48 am, edited 1/3/13 5:47 pm
Hopefully your labs will give you an indication if something is off. It could be many things...iron, B vits. Do you have thyroid problems or do you take any prescription meds? How is your water intake and are you getting in a reasonable amount of protien?

You've also had 2 surgeries in 15 weeks, your body has been through a lot of trama it may just be from the anesthesia and will take time.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Dee.spunk
on 1/3/13 9:49 am - Sacramento, CA
There could be many reasons. Are you taking all your vitamins? Are you getting in enough liquids? Have you had your BS and BP checked? Are you getting in enough protein? Any if these could cause you to be tired.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

MBMom
on 1/3/13 9:56 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I do good with water and protien. Working on the vitamins.... miss a day or two once in a while. I am cold a lot more. No other meds.
cajungirl
on 1/3/13 10:08 am
It may be just the recovery....hope you feel better soon.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

apurdie
on 1/3/13 10:06 am - CA

May be take to start exercising and building stamina 

Louise1974
on 1/3/13 10:47 am

I don't know if I am as tired as you but I find myself wanting to nap each day.  I had my labs done and everything looks good, I do fine with food and water.  i sometimes wonder if my body is just like, "Hey, what the %$##?"  I am so efficient with every calorie and I imagine that this super low cal diet has my body a little worried and it is just slowing me down to conserve energy.  I always said I would be the one to survive the famine.  I get lightheaded when I stand up too fast, it is because my blood pressure is dropping as I lose weight and it was low/normal to begin with so now it is really low and i just need to be really careful about not standing up too fast.  I am about 15 weeks out too and down about the same number of pounds.  I am trying to be really gentle with myself and nap when I need to.  Two surgeries are a lot.  WLS is alot.  losing 67 lbs is alot.  Have your labs checked so you can be sure you are getting everything you need.  I hope you feel better soon, talk to your doc and if they are no help find one who who will help!

Mal
on 1/3/13 12:08 pm

Have your iron level checked.  When mine tanked I ended up in the ER because I was passing out.   Do you take any high blood pressure meds?  When I no longer needed mine and my surgeon ordered me to stop, I was about as far out as you and the medication for my high blood pressure (that I no longer had) made my bp too low.

I hope you feel better!

M'Lane

poet_kelly
on 1/3/13 1:13 pm - OH

You may have low iron or B12.  When you get your lab results, pay attention to your iron, ferritin, and B12 levels.  If your B12 is below 550, that could be the problem.  Low iron and ferritin may also be it - that would also cause lightheadedness and feeling cold.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics