I'm New Here

KrisW47
on 1/3/13 10:25 am

Hi, I've been reading posts on this website for the last 2-3 weeks and decided I should join in.  I am 2 months post surgery and wish I would have found this site sooner. I have had so many questions answered by reading all this, and I truly feel everyone cares about each other on here. I am excited to be part of this group. My highest weight was 269.5, surgery weight was 254.5 and I am currently at 214.5. It seems hard to admit that, but I am so excited with my progress and look forward to what is to come. This was the best thing I have ever done for myself.  I have the same issue as a lot of people-I don't like the protein shakes! I am trying to get my protein in my diet but chicken, eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt on a daily basis are getting old, I need help with some other ideas for protein.

DebsDream
on 1/3/13 11:06 am

Welcome...this is a great place to learn from others, get comforted from time to time and talk to others who understand what you're feeling and thinking. I'm only 2 months out myself but am so happy to be able to eat chicken, cottage cheese and eggs that I'm not sick of them yet....I'm sure some of the vets can help out :)

Orientation GGH: Mar '11 --- Surgeon: Oct 23, '12 --- Pre-Op: Nov 13, '12 --- SURGERY GGH,Dr. Reed:Nov 22, '12                 

helenm71
on 1/3/13 11:08 am

COngrats on the weight loss, you are an inspiration to us preops :)

apurdie
on 1/3/13 11:11 am - CA

I am only 8 weeks out and the people on this forum have been my generous guides.  I feel like I am part of a community that cares, like they are my brothers and sisters.  We have had many of the same struggles and continue to learn how to cope when not using food.

MrsLitch
on 1/3/13 11:15 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Welcome Kris! Your weight loss is great!

Are you on a full diet yet? If so there is plenty to eat. Check out bariatricfoodie or worldaccordingtoeggface for some great recipes! My doctor calls for meat cheese and eggs only for the first few months, while eggs are a no go for me unless in meatloaf I rarely get tired of what I'm eating.

I think I've found every way in the world to use ground beef as it sat best with me early out. Meatloaf with ground beef, eggs, and a lot less than normal amount of crackers (wheat now instead of regular) was one of my faves early out. Pork didn't settle well with me for quite some time and I still can't eat filet mignon, but I've enjoyed a lot of other steaks just make sure to chew well!

again welcome! and hope to see you around the boards!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

alycat75
on 1/3/13 11:25 am - Indian Trail, NC
RNY on 01/14/13

Hi there!  Congrats on your loss!  I'm relatively new as well, and I can tell you, everyone on this site is fantastic.  Full of great tips, encouragement, advice, etc.  So many inspirational people!  And you are too!

Surgery Date:  January 14, 2013

HW:  273   |   SW:  250.9. |   CW:  209.3  |  GW:  150

Lessoflinda
on 1/3/13 12:24 pm - NY
I am also 8 weeks post surgery and I am finding that chili goes down really easy. My favorite food right now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views