My eyesight improved!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/6/13 8:34 am

I am just over 1 1/2 years post surgery.  The last time I had my eyes checked was about 2 months post op.  The doctor starts looking at my preliminary eye exam tests given by the tech.  I knew my one eye changed a lot due to the test.  But I thought it got worse.  The doctor asked if I started taking insulin.  I said no, I off all my diabetic meds and cholesterol meds since having my gastric bypass.  My A1c test is normal.  She asked what my last one was and I said 5.8 or 5.9. She asked me if I had to hold things close when I went to read them.  I said I usually take off my glasses if I am reading a book.   She said she needed to go get something and leaves.  She came back with a prism type object and started looking at my current glasses.  Then she says that my left eye actually improved and my bifocal strength in my current glasses is now too strong.  That was why I had trouble with close up.  She thinks this is due to the long term control over my sugar levels.

I ended up getting new glasses and sunglasses.

Winnie

Megan K.
on 1/6/13 9:18 am
RNY on 02/18/13

CONGRATS!! 

Fr33P4m
on 1/6/13 9:38 am
RNY on 12/04/12 with

That is great congratulations

[Highest: 295] [Surgery Day: 264]  [Goal: 150] ​[Height: 5'61/2"]          

MrsLitch
on 1/6/13 11:16 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

When I had my eye exam at 3 mo post op cuz my glasses kept falling off my face my eye doctor told me it is very common for eyes to get better after rny due to sugar levels leveling out. Mine have not changed however she said to be sure to have a follow up in one year just to make sure.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views