Grouchy Pouchy FREEZE!!

BamaBelleAmy70
on 1/9/13 7:27 am
RNY on 10/24/12

I am 10 weeks post op and doing very well. Although, I HATE to eat but I know I have to! UGH!! Anyhoo...I have noticed when I eat or drink something cold, I can feel it hit my pouch and it really hurts. Is this normal and do any of you have the same issue.? I have to put my yogurt out for about 30 minutes before I can eat it! It is REALLY uncomfortable!  

Thanks for any feedback!

Amy  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/9/13 7:30 am

Yes, I did have that but it has since passed. Now I can drin**** water with no trouble. If I remember correctly, it passed about four or five months in.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sherrie P.
on 1/9/13 8:40 am
RNY on 02/06/13

My best friend had RNY last year and could not tolerate anything cold at all  - until about 6 months out. She is fine now!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Souperwoman
on 1/9/13 9:06 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

I'm not as far out as you but I have that issue on and off.  It's weird how much temperature impacts my tummy feel.  Of course, my stomach is much more complex than just cold, of COURSE...i used to love room temp drinks and ice cold food.  Now I have to have my drinks piping hot and my food room temp. Urgh! And then there's the water...tummy hates plain water but loves warm tea.  It's insane.

kristina-b
on 1/9/13 9:37 am - San Francisco, CA
Yes, happened to me post surgery and probably lasted a few months. It takes some time but you will adjust to all the pouches quirkiness .

LadyLilMax
on 1/9/13 1:43 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

I am 4 weeks post op RNY and I LOVE my ice cold water.  I just refused to give it up.  The first 2 weeks I had to sip it slowly but I just told my pouch that we were giving up coffee, and most things we loved so by gum, I WAS going to drin**** water.  Now I do fine with it.  We are all different.  The ice water was just something I was bound and determined to be ok with so I am.  If I take too much at one time, I notice it but mostly I am good with it by now.  But this is just me. 

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views