10 day post op.....kind of overwhelmed.

Karen1961
on 1/10/13 12:06 pm - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12
I've been following the protein intake directions and the fluid intake is good. But what concerns me is my disease. Im full right after my shake but later want a few bites of cottage cheese. While that may or may noy be ok physically -- mentally it messes me up. I know wls isn't a magic wand but I was wishing that the wanting of food would pass for awhile. I don't eat off my plan but I was really hoping that some miracle would happen and the desire for food would just leave me! Crazy I know! How do all of you handle gour minds? Tbe part that makes you tense because you don't have food to cope? I hope this isn't to nutty of a question.....
poet_kelly
on 1/10/13 12:12 pm - OH

Therapy helped me with that a lot.

It would be nice if it did, but operating on our stomachs usually doesn't change our minds.  Good for you for sticking with your plan.  Try telling yourself this is only temporary and you'll be able to eat plenty of food in a month or two.

also, start brainstorming for other ways to cope with things, besides eating.  It might help to actually write them down.  make a list.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Karen1961
on 1/11/13 1:45 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

What a great idea!  I started my list this morning!

LadyLilMax
on 1/10/13 12:24 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Hi, had my RNY on 12/11/12.  Until this last week, I was the same way.  Then miracle of miracles, I am no longer constantly hungry like before.  My dietician said some go through a "phantom" hunger or head hunger I guess.  Just push on.  I find I am changing week to week!  I now have "real" hunger and can recognize it which is a hallelujah moment.  I cannot remember when I had appropriate hunger feelings.  As the previous poster said, maybe counseling would help.  These forums help me a lot, too.  

Good luck and take each day as it comes.  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/13 12:38 pm - MN
I am 3 weeks out and had these same problems, even no I wasn't really hungry I wanted to eat, I was an emotional eater, but if you do over eat you will get sick, thenyou won't want to eat like that again, from my experiences STAY OUT of the kitchen!!! it will pass' stay strong!!! Also find a support group. Hang in there!!!!
Karen1961
on 1/11/13 1:47 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

Thanks for the replies!  It is soooo appreciated!  Really, I have no idea what I would do if I couldn't read all these posts and replies!  I would have lost my mind by the second day!

Most Active
Recent Topics