Pre op and Post op liquid diet. What did you all eat (drink)? :)

RainbowRN
on 1/12/13 6:02 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Just trying to get some info from everyone.  What did you mainly consume for your pre op and post op liquid diet.  Just trying to get a variety of options!  Thanks everyone!!  :)

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

poet_kelly
on 1/12/13 6:09 am - OH

For my pre op diet, I did Atkins protein shakes, veggie broth, jello, popsicles.

On full liquids post op, I did Cytomax protein drinks, Atkins shakes, yogurt, pudding, jello, broth, popsicles.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Michelle H.
on 1/12/13 6:21 am
RNY on 01/24/13
Well, I am on day three. Unjury protein shakes, instant breakfast NSA, Greek yogurt, jello, muscle milk light, creamed soups. I really like the cream of shrimp with some old bay seasoning.

BellaNY
on 1/12/13 6:43 am

My favorite is Bariatric Advantage orange and cream shakes. Also like unjury strawberry with skim milk ... however I'm getting very gassey with those since my surgery on Monday. I don't like the taste with jus****er.

RebeccaElise
on 1/12/13 12:12 pm - Quincy, MA

It may be the lactose in the milk. Have you tried with Lactaid or almond milk instead?

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

brandyle1975
on 1/12/13 6:54 am - Williamston, NC
RNY on 01/04/13

Pre-op was 5 Optifast shakes a day and water. I could use Crystal Light or other zero cal add ins. Post op is Optisource (2oz at a time, 6/day) and water or other zero cal fluids, SF popcicles. My shakes were prescribed by my surgeon and picked up at the pharmacy.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/12/13 7:22 am
I didn't have to do a preop diet. Post op I had broth, hot herbal tea, and lots of Syntrax protein drinks. That lasted for three weeks.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Savannahmom
on 1/12/13 8:38 am - NC
Hi
Just curious on where you found this weight loss graph
JenK130
on 1/12/13 8:42 am
RNY on 01/30/12

Post Op seems like such a distant memory.  Maybe I blocked it out!! enlightened  I do remember the only drink I could easily get down was was G2 either the purple or blue variety.  It tasted so good to me for some reason.  My favorite protein powder is the kind from whole foods, their 360 brand.  Has the least amount of after taste in my opinion.

RNY 1/30/12  

RebeccaElise
on 1/12/13 12:28 pm, edited 1/12/13 4:24 pm - Quincy, MA

For beverages, I love Propel Zero, Vitamin Water Zero, Crystal Light, and Fruit2O, Ocean Spray drink mix in water, decaf tea w/a little milk & splenda, no sugar added popsicles. I tried Jello, but it made me really nauseous.

For proteins (full liquids), I lived on yogurt (vanilla - no bits of anything in it), LF chicken broth, Campbell's tomato soup made w/FF milk, Syntrax Nectars protein shakes made w/FF milk, SF pudding made w/FF milk. I also cheated a little by drinking the strained broth from my favorite Thai chicken soup. I just really needed that salty-savory flavor once a week.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 240 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views