Really???

The_girl_next_door
on 1/13/13 1:55 pm
I have spent the evening browsing through everyone's before and after pics. Now, my highest weight is 277, and current pre-op weight is 240. I had no idea that I look as I do!!! I am a very *****y 5'2." I am married with 4 kids, I'm not a babe by any means. But I still get asked by the girls to go out. I get "hit" on by a man here and there. It has just hit me like a brick, I look aweful!!! I am now wondering, was I a joke? I have to wait until my 6mos is over to have the surgery! So I'm looking at march/april. I am so embarrassed. I honestly do not see myself being that obese! This is crazy!
apurdie
on 1/13/13 2:33 pm - CA

You are not a joke!  Just in process, growing and becoming more beautiful every day!

Dee.spunk
on 1/13/13 3:18 pm - Sacramento, CA
Of course you're no joke!

That would mean I was! And no way was I a joke! I was hot stuff back then and still am! Lol! I always thought of myself as "*****y" like you put it, big or small. Hence the name! Dee *****!

I think women can be beautiful at any size. Size doesn't matter. It's the way you carry yourself. And if you get hit in, then hey, you're rocking what you got!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

DebsGiz
on 1/13/13 7:49 pm - FL

I don't think you were hit on as a joke...

Contrary to popular belief, I do believe there there are a whole bunch of men who can look at a woman and find her attractive because of her personality and the way she makes him feel about himself.

I also understand looking at pictures of yourself heavy and thinking "Oh my God..."

I really hate seeing myself like that because, truthfully, I never realized how truly awful I looked until after I lost the weight.

Wishing you a successful journey!!!!

MultiMom
on 1/13/13 9:21 pm - NH

I have a friend who I am fairly sure really hates me because she gave me a huge photo book with pictures of ME at my surprise 50th birthday party. I think that looking at those pictures of myself is what brought me to look into weight loss surgery seriously. I guess that I should thank her!?!?! Actually, my before picture is one of the photos in that book.

No, you aren't a joke.....there is a shoe for every foot as they say. My ex-husband apparently likes heavier women as his gf is significantly overweight.

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

The_girl_next_door
on 1/14/13 1:11 am
Thank you all for your responses! I don't know if something just clicked, but I sure know now how much help I need. Your stories and encouraging words are greatly appreciated!!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views