OT- update on my pre holiday stress

lizpete
on 1/16/13 4:09 am - Marlboro, MA

Well I made it through the holidays and did not gain  I actually lost 3lbs YEAH.  So here is my update.

1. Step daughter is gone.  After spending almost $1000.00 on an airfare so she could see her Mom in FL.Side note.  Her Mom was not happy with the flight times. It was "inconvient" so SD spent the entire day at the airport waitig to fly standby.  Guess what?  she was NOT able to get on an earlier flight so she spent 10 hrs waiting at the airport.  ROTFL  sorry.but I could not help it.

2. I am going to rent my parents house until the divorce is final. This has been "approved" by all involved.

3. Yes I have decided to leave my husband. I have had enough.  I would rather be alone at 52 and happy then with someone who can not appreciate who I am. The departure date is March 8th since I am traveling for all but 3 days prior to that.  SHHHH  it is a secret. The departure has to be fast and final.  Think Katie Holmes.

4. We did put our dog down.  It was honestly one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. But I am comforted in knowing that he is with my Dad. Riding in the truck eating slim jims and chasing squirrels.

I want to thank all of you for listening to my rant earlier in December.  I was an emotional mess and I lost sight of myself.  I learned a lot about myself.  I am a emotional eater which I never thought I was. But I also learned that I am stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.

The_girl_next_door
on 1/16/13 4:16 am
It sounds like you have a much over due exit plan. I wish you all of the happiness you deserve! Good luck!
thynnlynn
on 1/16/13 5:04 am - MI

You already sound happier and less stressed.

I am 60 and I do not know whether I even want to "save" my marriage.  It is really not a marriage and we merely live together in the same house.  I do not need the stress I live in but if we do split, we will still see each other a lot.  I get really lousy SSD benefits as I was out-of-work for a long time, so I would basically end up on some kind of assistance.   Earlier this year, I purchased an older, but beautiful full-time 5th wheel (with a washer, dryer, dishwasher, et.) where everything that is important to me would fit.  I have felt a lot less stressed just knowing I always have an "out".

BTW, my dog is almost 16, blind and deaf.  I am also approaching that time we all dread.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

anewbeginning2012
on 1/16/13 5:18 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Sounds like you are dealing with all the stressful things just fine. You know what you want and you will get it done. I hope all goes fast and uneventful  

Kris        
H.A.L.A B.
on 1/16/13 5:44 am

HUGS... someday we have to make tough choices... Glad you are doing OK.  Good luck..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sherry T.
on 1/16/13 10:42 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I always said if I remarried a second time, I never wanted to get another divorce...to me it was worse than death the first time around.   Girl, let me tell ya....people are just simply amazed at how happy I am....less stressed and full of life.....granted losing 117 pounds helped alot!! But losing his 250 pounds, was the best decision in my life!!   :)  just a little humor. 

I did have to move back in with my Mom and sometimes that was also the hardest decision of my life....Love her but sometimes we clash and I'm supposed to sit and take her advice and not expect to have any comment about it.   So its hard but life is easier in respect of dealing with a severe alcoholic. 

You hang in there and life will be worth it!

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Sherry

lizpete
on 1/16/13 8:05 pm - Marlboro, MA

Thanks for the support all.

Marking the decision to leave my husband has not been an easy decision.  I do love him but I finally love myself more.  I have spent my life comprimising on EVERYTHING!!!.  No MORE!!!  I will be the one who makes decisions for my own life. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views