My Fitness Pal question

icnside
on 1/16/13 9:46 pm - Chesapeake, VA

I am trying to use My fitness Pal to track my nutrition. I am 6 1/2 months out and I don't have any idea where to set my calories for the day - any suggestions?

wendydettmer
on 1/16/13 9:47 pm - Rochester, NY

what does your plan call for?  at 6.5 months, my PA wanted me around 1200 a day.  I didn't get that many, but that's what they wanted.  Every plan is different though.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

a_better_life81
on 1/16/13 9:57 pm - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12

I have my calories set for 1000 it's yells at me all the time about that number. But, it seems to be working for me. I usually don't look at that number as much though. I follow protein and sugar more than anything else right now. 

AprilM1969
on 1/16/13 10:47 pm - OH

I'm 11 months out and I just started using My Fitness Pal about a month ago and I love it!  I just entered my information and told them I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week and so they gave me 1800 calories a day because I put that I work out 4 days a week but in reality I work out 6-7 days a week.  Anyway I NEVER eat all my calories so I don't think it really matters what calories you choose it's just a great tool to help keep you on track.  But I get the little message at the bottom of the page that I'm not eating enough of my calories.  But so far it's gone great I was on a stall for almost a month and after doing My Fitness Pal I've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks!  Good luck!

jamiebrain
on 1/16/13 11:44 pm - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12

I've been using myfitnesspal since shortly before surgery, last August.  I've noticed that you don't really get to "choose" your calories.  When you give it your height, weight, and a goal to lose 1, 1.5 or 2 lbs per week, it makes a calorie goal for you.  So it usually yells at me that I'm not eating enough calories. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

wendydettmer
on 1/17/13 12:00 am - Rochester, NY

You can do custom goals where you can determine your calories, protein, carbs, etc.  That is what I do so I can make it closer to what i want.

jamiebrain
on 1/17/13 3:34 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12

Ha, cool, I didn't know that!  I'll have to see if you can change it after you've already started.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

wendydettmer
on 1/17/13 4:37 am - Rochester, NY

You can.  You can update it whenever you want.  It's nice like that!

icnside
on 1/17/13 12:39 am - Chesapeake, VA

I have been using the custom part of the app. My plan from my surgeon does not include calories, so I was try to customize things based on carbs and protein. I didn't know if I just put in that I wanted to lose 2 lbs. a week would work - seeing as how our needs are different after RNY. My surgeons plan has not been very helpful. Right now I am supposed to have 3 meals a day, no snacks except 1 protein drink and each meal is 4oz., 2.5 from protein and the other 1.5 from fruits veggies and complex carbs.

AprilM1969
on 1/17/13 2:28 am - OH

I understand my surgeons support office has always and to this day told me I don't need to worry about calories because I don't eat enough to worry but I still want to be held accountable for what I eat.  So I think you're on the right track by using My Fitness Pal and tracking what you eat and it just varies from each person what will work....looks like you're doing great though!

Most Active
Recent Topics