RNY Incision keeps healing then opening.

Darlene O.
on 1/18/13 2:19 am - Cypress, TX
RNY on 01/02/13 with

I had RNY 1/2/13 and my left incision drained for several days, then closed.  Then opened and drained clear yellow which means infection.  My doc put me on antibiotics and overnight the incision closed and looked like it was scabbing over.  This morning it ws fine.  I sat at my desk (at home) and got some work done.  I did scoot my chair under my desk with me in it. I also lifted my feet to put them on top of my desk. Lastly I moved some wet clothes to the dryer.  I went upstairs to take a shower and noticed that it had come open again.  Should I put one of those steri strip bandages on it to keep it from pulling apart?  Am I doing too much?  I am wondering if I should just stay in bed and walk every 2 hours like when I first got home. And stop doing anything else.

Darlene

angeleigh
on 1/18/13 2:28 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I was told no lifting till 6 weeks. not even picking up something off the floor. So ya you might be over doing it a little bit. I ended up putting a butterfly type closure on mine to help keep the skin from pulling.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Darlene O.
on 1/18/13 2:35 am - Cypress, TX
RNY on 01/02/13 with

I also had a bout of sneezing that I forgot about this morning.

Darlene O.
on 1/18/13 3:05 am - Cypress, TX
RNY on 01/02/13 with

I just called my doctors office to see if it was ok to put a butterfly strip on it to keep it closed and she said no, you want it to drain.  Now they want me to come in tomorrow to get it cleaned out and maybe packed.  :(

Annie_Anaba
on 1/18/13 12:02 pm
RNY on 08/27/12

My PCP gave me antibiotics and betadine scrubs that I used twice a days for 3 weeks. Mine healed really well after I started doing that. It left a bigger scar and it stung like mad when I cleaned it. Hope you feel better soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics