band removel

dee322
on 1/18/13 8:31 am - NY

hi guys went to the Dr today and we decided that it is time for the band to come out 6 years no weight loss now having some issues with it sooo next step gastric bypass checking with my insurance to see how it all works don't know why i did not do it 6 years ago anyway will keep you all posted 

Bcast4
on 1/18/13 11:19 am

I had my surgery dec 18, band removed and converted to bypass in one surgery. I have done remarkably well with recovery. I went back to work within 3 weeks in a busy Respiratory dept a bit  too soon though. So take your time to recover. Good luck.

dee322
on 1/19/13 9:15 pm - NY

I wish she would do it in one procedure but she waits for scar tissue to heal a bit so we will see what happens anyway thanks for your support 

Cherokeesage
on 1/18/13 3:53 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

I had the same procedure and hope all goes well for you as it has for me.  I reached my goal in 11 months.  I think my post op may have gone smoother than some because I was already use to the chewing food well, eating smaller protein first meals, etc.  My surgery was done open the second time so I do have the long scar.  The band was removed and converted to RNY, as well as, the removal of gallbladder and cysts from liver for biopsy.  I thought the incision closed and healed fast probably partly due to all the protein I was consuming pre op.  I too wish I had done it the first time but then I would have always wondered if the band would have been best.  I thought the band was a great tool the first year and then it started causing problems and I am so glad to have it out - no more daily pain.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

dee322
on 1/19/13 9:21 pm - NY

HI thanks for your story it gives me hope that this to will work for me Iam so tried and frustrated about this whole thing but your story does give me hope that iam doing the right thing and making the right decision for me congrats on your weightloss and reaching your goal  i get me surgery date for band removal Tuesday will keep you all posted  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 523 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 201 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 411 views
Recent Topics