Suggestion for iron pills

vickib_tx
on 1/22/13 6:10 am - Kaufman, TX
I've been using the chewable iron tablets from Bariatric Advantage. I'd like to switch to a non-chewable tablet. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
poet_kelly
on 1/22/13 6:16 am - OH

Sundown Perfect Iron.  Same type of iron, carbonyl, tiny tablets, cheap, easy to find.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

vickib_tx
on 1/22/13 6:18 am - Kaufman, TX
Thank you.
cjtich
on 1/22/13 10:25 am - Fredericksburg, VA

There is a new product called Pur-Absorb.  It is iron-fortified water that comes in a box with 28 individual packets.  You mix one packet with a little juice (except grape) to kill the taste or just regular water if you prefer and drink it down.  It's about one big swallow.  Works like a dream and my side effects have all gone away (constipation, nausea).  I found it by chance at CVS while looking for an iron supplement.  It is absorbed much more readily than pills or tablets. 

poet_kelly
on 1/22/13 7:37 pm - OH

What type of iron is it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.