1st day back at work today

Lose_to_Win
on 1/22/13 8:43 am - PA
RNY on 12/20/12

So today I had my first day back at work (secretary at an elementary school). Mentally I've been ready for 2 weeks, but once I got into the pureed stage I realized that it was a full time job to eat/drink/exercise/etc. Got a little easier every day. So now I add going to work back into the mix...it was really tough to get up when my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, get out of bed and get ready. But I did anyway. For all the time I spent saying how bored I was getting at home/making up tasks to do at home, I was surprised that I got a little weepy last night thinking about actually going back. The day went pretty well, kept busy enough that time flew, but got lots done and almost all the way caught up after being off for a month. Am I Superwoman? Nope! Only drank 2c water and forgot to eat until about 1:30 PM. Clearly, I need to set reminders on my Outlook. Never thought that would happen...reminders to eat? :) Did get in a protein shake to help out, though, and will be able to reach my protein goal tonight.

The big triumph for me was that after work I was tired...thought about going home for a nap, which I haven't done for the last week and a half. Had that intention as I drove home. But then my body took over and I made the turn into the gym parking lot. Even though it was packed, I still laced up my shoes and did 40 min on the treadmill. Felt so great! My "short answer" response to the "how are you feeling" question today was STRONG. Certainly reaffirmed that after hitting the gym. Plus, it helped me quickly get in another few cups of water. Useful habit!

To top it all off, I was sitting in traffic after the gym going home and was in the left turn lane at a red light with lots of cars coming in the other direction. Light turned green and the first driver flashed his lights to let me through...I literally yelled "THANK YOU!!!" even though my windows were closed. The universe was on my side!

RachelFat2Fit.blogspot.com     HW 367 6/26/12  |  SW 335 12/20/12  |  1st GW 180

Lisa T.
on 1/22/13 9:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Way to seize your day! I agree exercising gives the same boost as a nap. Keep up the good work!

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Lose_to_Win
on 1/22/13 9:28 am - PA
RNY on 12/20/12

Now that I know, maybe I will be able to get my butt in gear to wake up a bit earlier and do it in the morning...get a good start to the day! Feeling great.

RachelFat2Fit.blogspot.com     HW 367 6/26/12  |  SW 335 12/20/12  |  1st GW 180

Kenochs84
on 1/22/13 10:02 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12

Your rock!  :) How empowering and rewarding this day must have felt! :)  

I am seriously happy for you!  The best is yet to come! :) 

Mona Mee
on 1/22/13 11:55 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

This is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!!!

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!