veggie soup

Karen1961
on 1/23/13 2:09 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12
Has anyone tried the bariatric advantage veggie soup? I am craving hot soup and saw it on the site. 20 grams of pea protein. I'm assuming its absorbed well because its specifically for bariatric patients.
poet_kelly
on 1/23/13 5:44 am - OH

Actually, pea protein is an incomplete protein so it's not the best source of protein for us.  Just because a company puts the word "bariatric" on the label, that does not mean a product is good for bariatric patients.  Anyone can put "bariatric" on any product they want.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Karen1961
on 1/23/13 5:49 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12
Good point Kelly. You know I learn so much just reading your posts! Thank you. Okay I will keep on searching for hot soup with a protein punch!
poet_kelly
on 1/23/13 5:52 am - OH

Have you tried the Unjury chicken soup?  I'm pretty sure it's whey isolate and has 20 grams protein per serving.

You can also add unflavored protein powder to any soup you like.  The best way to do that, I think, is to mix the protein powder with a little room temp water to make a paste, then stir that paste into the hot liquid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.