Two years, 12 days ago.... my life changed forever!

terilynn112
on 1/23/13 12:56 am - maryland, NY
I'm 2 yrs post my revision surgery (officially 1-11-13). I've been sick so I haven't written.

In the last two years I've lost over 100 pounds. Some days it's 103, some days it's 113. I'll take either. My personal goal was to get under 200 pounds with the band, I gained weight. I'd get adjustments, it'd slip, they'd empty it. I would gain. With the bypass there is none of that up and down. I have had some minor bumps in the road. I have had a couple hernias repaired. Questionable if they were related to the RNY or my weight, or my lifestyle of lifting on my 7 yr old almost 50 pound son with Cerebral palsy. It was because of that, we got my panni removal/tummy tuck approved and paid for by my insurance 100%. I lost 10.5 pounds of skin that day. They tightened the muscles in my stomach, and fixed a second set of hernias. I have had a new occurance of kidney stones, which I've learned are something that we can get because of the dehydration that RNY'ers sometimes have. Also for the vitamins we have to take. But I know they are also in my family history, which makes me prone to them. Wouldn't wish them on anyone.

I suffer chronic nausea. I take a pill when it's to bad. Otherwise I work with it. I seriously regret absolutely nothing about my gastric bypass, rny surgery. It's been the best choice of my life.

With the negatives state.... this is what I've gained : The ability to care for my sons the way they deserve. I've gained the ability to care for my elderly parents, the way they deserve as well. I've gotten rid of diabetes, sleep apnea, and boarderline high blood pressure. Now I run low. I've learned to like exercise. I don't love it, but I enjoy it once I start. I'm NEVER physically hungry. I get head hungry, but that's my brain. They did stomach surgery not brain surgery.

I love my revision!

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Dee.spunk
on 1/23/13 1:07 am - Sacramento, CA
Very inspiring and uplifting. It's good to ear stories like this cause it gives me a lot to look forward to. Thanks for posting.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/23/13 2:24 am

Congratulations and keep up the good work.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

noonietunes
on 1/23/13 2:24 am
RNY on 01/29/13

Yes, thanks for the inspiration!

Kat1313
on 1/23/13 9:27 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Thanks, Terilynn, for telling us the good, the bad, and the somewhat ugly.  I think it's important for us preops and newbies to know that this process isn't always a bed of roses, but that it's doable and well worth it.

Kathy

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?