So you think you're a slow loser? I beg to differ!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/24/13 12:36 am - Baltimore, MD

Over on the Bariatric Foodie Facebook Page, I’ve challenged folks to figure out both their % of total body weight lost and % of excess body weight lost. I figured I’d put out the call to do the same here.

Here’s how you figure out both:

Total body weight:

Step One: Subtract your starting weight from your current weight. That is your weight loss so far.

Step Two: Go to http://www.percentagecalculator.net/ and go to the second row. In the first box put your weight lost so far. In the second box put your STARTING weight. Press calculate.

That is your total % of body weight lost.

Excess body weight:

Step One: Subtract your starting weight from your goal weight (whatever that is). This is your total excess body weight.

Step Two: Go to that same site, same row and in the first box put your total amount of weight lost. In the second box put your total excess body weight. Press calculate.

That’s the total % of your excess body weight you’ve lost.

I BET even if you think you’re a slow loser you’ll be a little bit more pleased with what you see as a result of doing this.

So go…do it now! And if you feel comfortable sharing the results, you can do so here.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

poet_kelly
on 1/24/13 12:47 am - OH

Currently, I have lost 50% of my total body weight and 103.8% of my excess weight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 1/24/13 12:52 am - OH

I'll add that it took me about 18 months to get to my lowest weight (which was a few pounds lower than I am now).  Of course I wanted to lose the weight as fast as possible, but now, four years out, it really doesn't matter to me if I lose an average of two pounds per week or three pounds per week, nor does it matter that it took 18 months rather than 15 month to get to my lowest weight. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/24/13 12:49 am - Baltimore, MD

I lost 42% of my total body weight. 87% of my excess body weight. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

SoCaPinkLady
on 1/24/13 12:50 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

If I did it correctly.....  I have lost 39.5% of my total body weight and 84.9% of my excess weight.

Lori                               

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/24/13 12:52 am - Baltimore, MD

Sounds right to me. Only way I'd think it was wrong is if you had something like 100% of your total body weight lost. LOL. That would mean there's none of you left!

wendydettmer
on 1/24/13 12:50 am - Rochester, NY

I have lost 49% of my body weight and 95% of my excess body weight.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Dee.spunk
on 1/24/13 1:11 am - Sacramento, CA
I have lost 54% of my body weight and 89% of my excess weight.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/13 1:13 am

According to this calculator, as of today (which is my one year surgiversary), I've lost 31.85% of my excess body weight. Awesome!

robin1103
on 1/24/13 1:17 am - MD
RNY on 11/13/12
I've lost 18% of my body weight and 39% of my excess weight.

I could kiss you for posting this!!!

SW 238 CW 189 GW 135

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?