cramping stomach pain/bloating

mich4416
on 1/24/13 10:42 pm
RNY on 09/26/12

Good morning!

I had the worse night!!! I had stomach cramps all night. Tight painful cramps. This morning I feel somewhat better. I ate the usual things yesetrday...nothing new or unusual. This all started about 5:30 pm...and lasted all night. Today I am so bloated (have been all week)

No vomiting so far....I am gassy and I wish I could have a BM but no luck. Had one small bm yesterday. Any ideas on what could help?

I am 4 months out and have a call in to my doctors office.

Stacey-in-Syracuse
on 1/24/13 11:36 pm - Jordan, NY
RNY on 12/20/12

This normally happens to me in the middle of the night...when I should be sleeping!  Are you taking Gas-X?  That will help with the gas pains.  Sometimes the only cure is to go to the bathroom.  It ends up being liquid, but when it's over, it's OVER.  That's just my humble opinion...

RNY on 12/20/12 at 307.  Highest ever 326 pounds.  Goal weight 180 pounds.

mich4416
on 1/25/13 1:16 am
RNY on 09/26/12

Thank you for the reply.

I had taken two gas x strips yesterday. Not much relief. I called my doctors office today and she suggested I take the soft gels instead. She also said to take miralax as well.

Hope its just gas.constipation....I always go to the worse case scenerio lol

Hope it helps!

caroletee
on 1/25/13 3:11 am

Indeed - I get this more often than I care to admit to... For me it's always the same thing -

1. I haven't been drinking enough water. WATER - not coffee or tea - bu****ER.

2. I haven't been as faithful to the exercise routine as I should be. I'm sluggish - and therefore my bowels are too.

3. Because of 1 & 2, I end up being constipated. I swear sometimes it's backed up all the way to my old stomach

Generally - I increase my water - I make myself walk (go to the mall or store if you can if it's too cold like it is here currently) and then the bowels will begin to flow. If you still can't have a BM - and you are comfortable giving yourself an enema - sometimes you just gotta do it.

I've tried adding a fiber additive to my diet (miralax) - but still - if you don't add the water in - you'll get backup as hard as a rock!!

It's amazing what a good BM does for your digestive health.

Good luck!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics