Omega 3

Lori F.
on 1/25/13 7:43 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

Ok, I have now tried two different omega and they are both horrible - as in I gag trying to get them down.  Do they all taste like gagtastic?  I have tried the coromega orange and BA cherry (I think it is) bleck!  Any other suggestions?

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

poet_kelly
on 1/25/13 7:45 am - OH

Get fish oil of flaxseed oil in soft gels and swallow them?  I haven't tried fish oil since I'm a vegetarian but the flaxseed oil soft gels have no taste (at least in my opinion).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lori F.
on 1/25/13 7:49 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I thought we couldn't digest the soft gel oil capsules?  If we can take those, maybe I will just move to the krill oil since they are smaller pills.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/25/13 8:02 am
I take the krill oil. Not aftertaste.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 1/25/13 10:47 am - OH

We can digest the capsules.  We malabsorb fats, meaning we don't absorb them fully, and the oil in the soft gels is a fat.  We absorb some of them, though.  But omega 3 fatty acids are fats, no matter how we take them, so that's an issue whether it's in a softgel or not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lori F.
on 1/25/13 10:49 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

Oh ok- thank you!  Krill oil it is :)

JugglerOne
on 1/25/13 9:59 am - PA

If you dont like the Coromega (I like it).....I guess you best go to the softgels like Kelly says.

Most Active
Recent Topics