Just feel like b*#ching

MustangLady
on 1/28/13 1:37 am - MA
My packet has been with insurance for 2 weeks. I called this AM and they said they requested more info from MD and have called MD twice.....I called MD's office to find out what was going on and she said she has called insurance twice and is waiting for response. She said she will work on it again today and also said my insurance is a pain and they don't do too many revisions so she's not surprised and thinks it will take a while to get approval. NOT what I want to hear. I am so ready and just want it approved, scheduled and done. My insurance is Tricare Prime North Region. Anyone have this insurance and want to share experiences? Thanks for listening.

~ CJ BradleyLapband Surgery 7/2007 with many complications. 2012 Seeking Revision to RNY. 2013 Revision denied. Trying to work with band.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/28/13 1:49 am

I would email, not call, the doctor's office. Email is much harder to ignore. Phone messages can get lost or ignored.

TC isn't any more of a pain than any other insurance, and it was unprofessional of her to say that. Call the regional contractor and see what information has been requested. I frequently see information requested but not sent or not clearly marked as additional info, so it sits in limbo until someone finds it and moves it to the appropriate person or department.

Good luck

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Megan K.
on 1/28/13 2:22 am
RNY on 02/18/13

The nice thing about TRICARE is that they only have so long to approve/disapprove requests, ONCE they have all the information.  You can also track your information via mytricare.com.  Revisions aren't as common (at least in my neck of the woods) but 4 the 5 I've seen in the last 5 years were approved.  Moral to my story...hang in there.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/28/13 2:25 am

Good point. I forgot about the online option to track authorizations.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Cherokeesage
on 1/28/13 8:46 am
RNY on 02/24/12

I had a revision from band to RNY with TriCare.  I had the same issue but all ended well.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?