No milk protien drinks?

Chrissy123862006
on 1/26/13 3:13 pm - MI
RNY on 01/21/13

I need to know we're I can get protien powder I don't need to add milk too I need it on Monday so please any suggestions on brand and what store I can find them at and what are good ways to use them please help

Amanda M.
on 1/26/13 3:23 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
I believe all protein drinks can be made with water instead of milk. You can also get the ready to drink shakes, but they are more expensive.

What is the reason you need some to be used without milk? Intolerance? Convenience? Knowing that will help us give you better suggestions.

I personally use Body Fortress from walmart. It is $15 for a tub and tastes pretty decent. I have mixed it with milk, almond milk, and water. So water can always be used as an alternative to milk.

shedevilbecca
on 1/26/13 4:59 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13
I am just starting my WLS journey. When I met with my Dr. Last week she gave me a few samples. One she gave me was from Jay Robb. I tried out the orange dream kind mixed with water and it was very good. I have a pina colada kind i will try tomorrow.

allygator
on 1/26/13 5:50 pm - SC
RNY on 01/29/13

I have a orange dream by Jay Robb but I was scared to try it because I didn't like the Pina Colada... so I'' try the orange one today... I'm having RNY on Tuesday so I have been testing the waters with the protein shakes Its hard to find one you actually like.

RNY~~1/29/2013 HW~ 240lbs, CW~232lb, GW~140lbs

Kat Kat
on 1/26/13 6:06 pm - AZ

GNC carries Isopure which is fruity, but it's already in bottles ready to drink. You can go to Vitalady.com and order samples to try, but I doubt you'll have them in time. Unjury.com ships quickly, and they have a chicken soup and a strawberry sorbet that doesn't need milk, but it will still take about 3 days to get it.

Kat

poet_kelly
on 1/26/13 6:26 pm - OH

You don't have to add milk to any protein powder. You can add water, soy milk, almond milk, any liquid you like.

I always wonder when I see posts like this, why people wait until the last minute to get stuff like this.  If you have to have them Monday, that limits your options because you can't order online.  Visit GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and see what you can find.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

THE_life10
on 1/26/13 7:05 pm
RNY on 03/26/12

I use almond milk or soy milk.  I don't do cows milk not because of intolerance or anything but because it kept my sugars running high even post op. once i switched they dropped down to normal levels almost immediately.

Good luck

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

Chrissy123862006
on 1/27/13 12:12 am - MI
RNY on 01/21/13

Iam thankful for your help everyone and I am not waiting last minute I already had my surgery and Ben using something but I just can't take it anymore that's why I'm saying ASAP on Monday because I can't take much more of the crap I have

jzwife
on 1/27/13 3:29 am

Sorry- it seems some people can be a little judgemental without having all the facts. Congragulations on your surgery. I totally understand trying to find the right protein drink. Everyone tolerates their protein drinks a little differently so its hard sometimes trying to find what will make your taste buds happy. I have tried Jay Robb and his drinks are very high quality and good. Super supplements carry his protein drinks. Another good one is Slim Express which has to be ordered on line. It mixes very easily and is sweetened with Xylitol instead of artificial sweetners but still has 0 calories in the sugar. Unjury is also a good one- easy to mix in with soups.

Good luck in finding something!

Sharon

Kelly L.
on 1/27/13 8:48 am - San Jacinto, CA
It sucks when you can't find a drink that agrees with you... It took me MONTHS! I actually love CLICK which you can buy at most vitamin shoppe's .. It's very expensive there though... Around 26 bucks. If you go to Amazon it's only about 19 bucks a can and if you are ordering other things or are a premiere member the shipping is free. Chike is another alternative that you don't need milk for.. They have fruit flavors and coffee flavor. NECTAR also has fruit flavors.. I personally didn't care for them at all but many people love them
Good luck with your quest.. Is there a particular reason you are trying to avoid milk?

HW 274. CW 129

Most Active
Recent Topics