Not a good tummy day

Lori F.
on 1/30/13 3:24 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
I am not having a very good tummy day. My first actually. This morning I tried to eat and was very nauseous so I just ate the white of a hard boiled egg. I have not been hungry all day. I tried to eat some chicken breast at lunch and threw up shortly thereafter. Finally got down some string cheese and feeling nauseous again. Bleck!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Neen L.
on 1/30/13 3:44 am - Arlington, VA

Boo. Sorry you're feeling icky. Some days our pouches just get cranky and have little toddler-esque temper tantrums.

If you don't mind ginger or peppermint tea, give one a try. Sipping on that can help nausea in some cases.

Feel better soon!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Lori F.
on 1/30/13 4:34 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
Thanks Neen. I did have some chamomile - not a fan of ginger or peppermint teas. I think the hot was soothing though

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way

TomN
on 1/30/13 5:20 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

Lori,

We have the same surgery date and I've been a little uncomfortable with denser foods the last week.  I can't have meats until week seven on my plan but both salmon filet and pollack made me uncomfortable...as do tuna salad and salmon salad if I do not combine with cottage cheese.  I have lessened my portions by almost half and that seems to be working.  Still not hungry so not a big deal.  

Tom

happygrandma
on 1/30/13 8:07 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

My surgery was 12/17 and I've had a few of those days - two this week.  I don't get nauseous really, at least not how it felt "before".  I start burping and rumbling for a couple of hours before I actually throw up, but I know it's coming.  I thought Monday that maybe I didn't chew well enough (had a string cheese) or maybe drank too soon (sugar free lemonade) but it came up and so did dinner.  Yesterday I was fine, even had the toppings off a piece of pizza.  Today I chewed carefully, waited over an hour and tried another lemonade.  Same thing.  I'm guessing I now longer like lemonade - although I haven't had a problem with it before.  Last time it happened I just tried to do liquids the next day and give my stomach a rest.  Guess I'll do the same now, at least for today.

Anyway, makes it hard to function at work and meet with clients when you know you are going to throw up soon.  Hope this part doesn't last forever!!

Hope you are feeling better.  I am but it makes me afraid to eat again.

Linda

Lori F.
on 1/30/13 8:31 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
After not having much success with dinner tonight either (ended up just having cottage cheese because the meat wasn't sitting well), I think I will go back to soft tomorrow and give it a rest. Oh well - at least I got my cappuccino shake in the mail today - yum!

happygrandma
on 1/30/13 9:18 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

Me too.  Maybe I'll just do protein shakes, applesauce and yogurt at work and eat at home in the evening.  I do taxes and it's hard to sit with a client hoping to not throw up until they leave.

Most Active
Recent Topics