Hair

Karen P.
on 2/3/13 12:14 am - CO
RNY on 02/13/12

Hi everyone,

I'm almost a year out from my surgery (Feb 13 her I come!!) .  I did not lose my hair, it did get thinner (I had a LOT to begin with) but am noticing it's not as smooth and vibrant as it was.  Anybody have any suggestions to help it?

Thanks,

Weighting2Bskinny
on 2/3/13 12:30 am
I had a thick head of hair too. And mine has also gotten thinner. It's ok though. You can't hardly even tell it.

GOD BLESS YOU            
thynnlynn
on 2/3/13 2:46 am - MI

This hair loss thing is beginning to scare me.  My hair was always fine and never very thick.  When my thyroid quit umpteen years ago, my hair got thinner and they said that it would fill in when I got my thyroid up to the right level.  It did not.  When it quit, I also put on over 80# and they said that would go away, as well and it did not.

I do not want to wear a wig but was actually looking at some and then I saw a woman at WalMart and she had on the one I think I liked and it immediately was obvious that it was a wig, so that is out.  I am going to end up like one of those old ladies with blue hair in little tiny curls with all their scalpo showing.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Margaret Smith
on 2/4/13 11:28 pm - Lake Wales, FL

I'm 8 yrs out from RNY and I had hair issues myself,what I tryed that did help me was,Ion from Sally's they have stuff to stimalate the hair togrow you rub it on your scalp everyday,(I have noticed new hair on my head after using it) and I also used Bosley shampoo for my hair type when I was shedding hair like crazy,I couldnt go any wheres with leaving my DNA behind,,lol. The shampoo's are not very $$$$$$ so you may want to try it and see if it also helps you.I know it helped me,seens I had RNY I had 3 other surgery's and I started shedding again and thats when I started using the shampoos,Sally's has their brand of Bosley much cheaper then name brand.

I hope it works for like it did me,,good luck,

Margaret-FL

BE HAPPY AND STRONG AND REMEMBER TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND HAVE BLESSED DAY!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 432 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views