NSV today

Lose_to_Win
on 2/3/13 7:43 am - PA
RNY on 12/20/12

Went to the mall with my sister today with no particular intentions other than walk around a bit, and hit up Target (a.k.a. Tar-jzay Boutique). We were in a store where she was looking at clothes and we walked by a huge mirror - at least that's what it turned out to be. At first I thought there was someone about to run into me (you know, when you don't expect to suddenly see another person right next to you?). Usually, I would prepare myself for the mirror - suck this in, stick that out, visual editing where I only look at certain parts while standing a certain way...but I got a truly candid glimpse at myself. Granted, I was just wearing a hoodie, nothing fancy, but I had to back up and walk past again - who was this person with the better posture and less volume? Parts that were once lumpy on a good day starting to look a bit smoothed out - wow, I was seriously impressed. I told my sister and she had a big smile too!

RachelFat2Fit.blogspot.com     HW 367 6/26/12  |  SW 335 12/20/12  |  1st GW 180

Tammy S.
on 2/3/13 7:49 am - DE
That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Mendie Thompson
on 2/3/13 7:53 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12
Congrats and great job!! I love walking by mirrors and large windows now! I often find myself backing up and taking a second look...not vain, just disbelief sometimes, and a lot of pride!

Lessoflinda
on 2/3/13 8:43 am - NY

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Missirenee
on 2/3/13 10:31 am - Orient, OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I'm sure it brightened your day - it sure would mine!

~Missy~

I would rather live my life believing there is a God, and die to find out there's not, than to live my life as if there were no God, and die to find out there is ~ source unknown ~ 

TammyH968
on 2/3/13 10:47 pm - Wichita Falls, TX

Great NSV thank you for sharing.