Final Screening Complete

PrincessBelle
on 2/13/13 5:33 am

Had my last "screening" visit today.  All labs, tests, etc. done and all are OK.  Today I saw the bariatrician.  Seemed more of a pro forma thing than an actual evaluation, BUT he strongly tried to steer me away from RNY toward the sleeve.  I have multiple sclerosis and he said the malabsorption is a concern due to its possible effects on meds I take or may need in the future, as well as that MS can lead to malabsorption on its own, which I guess would be compounded by the RNY.  He talked a lot about a patient he had many years ago--when the procedure was new-who could not keep up a therapeutic level of anti-seizure meds post-op and so was having seizures.  I've done a boat load of research about my meds, absorption, crushability, liquid availability, and I would not do something that I thought would aggravate my MS.  I think the doc was overly nervous, but I've reached out to my neurologist to see what he thinks.  Anyway, the "team" discusses my case the first Tuesday in March, and then I'll hear from them. I'm staying positive. 

RNY 3/11/13. 

lilisasmith3
on 2/13/13 5:41 am
RNY on 01/31/13

I have MS and tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op. I haven't had any major issues yet.

PrincessBelle
on 2/13/13 5:44 am

Good to hear.

RNY 3/11/13. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views