14 months out and gained

cudagirl15
on 2/17/13 3:00 am
Freaking out!
I had the surgery 14 months ago. My highest was 302, had the surgery at 262, and my lowest was 159. However, I weighed in today and was 167! I went to Aruba 2 weeks ago and did a lot of drinking and eating bad. Now just trying to get back on track in America. Does anyone suggest I try a liquid diet or the pouch test that I have read a little about? I know to concentrate on proteins which I try to do however, the carbs are killing me! Need some advice or some harsh words to get me motivated. Don't be afraid to yell at me yell at me WLSers!
AnniesSS
on 2/17/13 3:37 am
RNY on 09/11/12

Well, I'm not going to yell at you - you're an adult and make your own decisions :)

As for getting back on track, I would say to start writing down what you eat and concentrate on getting back on track with your protein as your primary intake, then fruits and veggies, as you can tolerate them.  Start drinking some more protein shakes to help you get back on track also :)  Good luck!

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

poet_kelly
on 2/17/13 3:49 am - OH

If you gained a little weight by drinking a lot and "eating bad," then I suggest you stop drinking and stop eating whatever things you ate that were a"bad."  I don't see why a liquid diet would be necessary or even helpful.  It would just be hard to stick to and make you hungry all the time.  What were you eating before you went to Aruba and gained weight?  Go back to eating those things.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

daphneb
on 2/17/13 4:26 am - AK

I can understand your alarm seeing the scale, but life just happens.  You had some fun on a memorable vacation and "whooped it up a bit", won't be the last time.  Get back on track, that is the difference right there.  Get back to eating what you know you should be and work out!  The damage is done, so now get back to what you've learned the past year. 

This is something we'll all have to struggle with anyway, I think the key from watching thin people I know all my life, is keeping it in check and reasonable within a 10-15lb. radius.  A heck of a lot easier to maintain the 10-15lbs than to try and lose 100+ all over again. 

I know someday I'll be facing the same dilemma.  Hang in there, it's not the end of the world, but just a chance for you reign it back in a bit.

Good Luck!