Worried

Chrissy123862006
on 2/17/13 8:47 am - MI
RNY on 01/21/13
28 days post op and I have only lost 22 pounds I haven't lost anything since week 2 what is goin on man I thought I would have lost more then that by now

poet_kelly
on 2/17/13 9:07 am - OH

22 lbs in 28 days is almost a pound a day!  How much did you think you'd lose in 28 days?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chrissy123862006
on 2/17/13 11:57 am - MI
RNY on 01/21/13
I lost the 22 pounds in the first two weeks now I'm stuck at the same wheight for almost two weeks that's all it was bothering me

Kaoz789
on 2/17/13 5:02 pm

Hide your scale. You're going to loose. It takes years to put it on it takes significantly less to take it off with RNY. I averaged 10 pounds a month and I stalled just as often. You do your part. Drink your water,  watch your intake and excersize regularly and it'll happen. In the meantime, loose the scale for a couple weeks.

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/13 3:02 am - Rio Grande Valley, TX
RNY on 12/14/12

I TOTALLY feel your pain. I lost 20 lbs the first 3 weeks and then NOTHING for over a month. I was stuck...BIG TIME...and it gets so frustrating. I was told to increase water, increase exercise and stick with the plan it will come off. Well, I am 8.5 weeks out and have lost only 22 lbs since surgery day. I was so hoping and even expecting to lose quite a bit more than this, but I guess not. I am just praying I'm not the exception to the RNY rule and will lose A LOT more. I have a ways to go. Buyer's Remorse? Right now, yes, sometimes! I lost more than this on Atkins but....always gained it back. Maybe, just maybe in time I will start losing again. No, I'm not constipated, yes I stick to plan. I've had WLS surgery before and have read those of us in the scenario usually lose slower but I've read where others have lost A LOT after it being their second surgery. Good luck to you!  Hopefully, you are just in a stall and it will pass quickly. 

Most Active
Recent Topics