Really irritated with my doc's office

alycat75
on 2/18/13 3:02 am - Indian Trail, NC
RNY on 01/14/13

I have to have another EGD with possible dilitation as a follow up to my stricture dilitation from last week. That's all well and good, and I'm all for it.

But WHY does the Dr's office think they can just schedule you appointments without bothering to check what your schedule is like???  I need to be there at 6am, for a 7am procedure on Friday.  What the hell am I supposed to about getting my kids to school?  Do they not realize/care that people have other schedules to keep involving their families and livelihoods? 

I'm sure it's difficult to try and schedule medical procedures from the office's perspective...and as far as they're concerned, it's my health so i have to make it work.  But c'mon people...I'm just asking for a little input here.

Surgery Date:  January 14, 2013

HW:  273   |   SW:  250.9. |   CW:  209.3  |  GW:  150

apurdie
on 2/18/13 3:06 am - CA

I hate to say this but I think that you are lucky that you got in that quickly.  It is the most important thing right now and try hard to get some support for you and your kids that day,mespeciallynabride home.  Good luck to you!

JaneJetson60
on 2/18/13 3:13 am
RNY on 05/07/12

They should be telling their patients, ok we have an opening at such and such time and date.  I understand the need to get this done, but when people have children, some heads up from them would make it

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/13 3:43 am

Most people will be happy and ask for a first available procedure in day..  maybe you need to tell them not to schedule you like that in the future? 

Hugs and good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views