Every day is a new experience.

pastorkerry
on 2/23/13 9:09 pm - GA
RNY on 12/20/12
Everyday is an adventure. I like to think I have read enough books and listened to enough people to know what I can and can not eat at two plus months out. What I have learned is that every one is different. Most days I can not eat any food until lunch time. I drink a protein shake for breakfast and the times I have tried to eat food instead have ended badly. I am ok with that. My pouch likes to sleep in. Some days I can eat well at lunch or supper but the next day the same foods will not work. That's ok. I eat for protein and calories not because I am hungry. I love my RNY. I love the fact that I have lost a total of 53 pounds so far. I am so blessed to have been allowed to make this journey.
Karen8268
on 2/23/13 9:30 pm - NH
RNY on 10/02/12

Congratulations on the great start to your journey!  My pouch was the same way in the morning until I figured out it liked something warm to start the day.  I started having a warm cup of tea first thing, then a little while later was able to eat.  My pouch has always liked warm better than cold, and NEVER EVER liked a protein shake first thing in the morning.  Bleck!!  LOL

LadyLilMax
on 2/23/13 9:30 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Amen!  I thank the Lord everyday that I was able to have the RNY.  I am exactly the same as far as having a protein shake late in the morning and then my other meals later on.  I agree with all said!  It just gets better and better.  Its ok that some foods still do not agree with me.  Its ok that each day is an adventure!  I love that I am getting thinner and mostly getting healthier!  God bless you as you continue on your journey!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

thynnlynn
on 2/24/13 12:23 am - MI

I take a high dose of thyroid medication and can having nothing to eat for at least an hour afterwards or it will not absorb properly, so I am already used to the hot drink first and something later on.  I will have to force myself to start eating earlier, as this is what has gotten me too heavy by not eating anything until maybe 6pm, then not stopping until I fall asleep, which is definitely not good.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
Recent Topics