is papaya enzyme safe to use after RNY

brazilnut4
on 2/20/13 6:45 am - HAZEL PARK, MI

I was just wondering is papaya enzyme safe to use after surgery ?? Ive read mixed messages ,,has anyone as a Doctor about it ? i used today after eating half a egg ,,i was feeling horrible and could not throw up and i took 2 and felt better pretty fast ..but i also dont want to do damage to my pouch ,,any advice is welcome 

colleen

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 2/20/13 7:17 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

My husband had issues the 2nd week after surgery (by eating something he shouldn't have) and he took some papaya enzyme and it helped quite a bit. Everything that I have read suggested it for issues with protein...I would be interested in seeing what people say...I haven't heard anything negative about it.

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)

brazilnut4
on 2/20/13 7:28 am - HAZEL PARK, MI

thanks ,,it helped me too ,but i read from 1 person it could cause problems with pouch ,,hoping that isn't true ,,and too wimpy to bother talk about it  until next app

angeleigh
on 2/20/13 8:27 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I was told by my surgeon that it is a great thing to take if your pouch doesn't like a protein you just eat. I took it a few times a week right after post op.

Benefits Of Papaya Enzymes

The benefits of papaya enzymes for medicinal purposes are diverse and this makes papain an extremely valuable enzyme.

Papaya enzymes can be used to treat ulcers, dissolve membranes in diphtheria and help to reduce swelling and fever after surgery. Papain has also been used to treat cold sores and food allergies.

Papaya enzymes has also been noted to be useful as an anti-inflammatory and can also help to alleviate edemas. In low dosages papain enzyme is an excellent digestive aid and people who suffer with a dyspeptic disorder are normally prescribed papain. Papain also helps to regulate the bowels and helps to clean away dead tissues from the body.

Papaya enzymes may also prove beneficial to people who suffer from lower back pain, sprains and strains. It can also help to keep skin healthy and boost immune system function. Papains would healing benefits may also be argued but there is no scientific evidence to prove this as yet.

Papain enzymes have been found to be extremely effective in dissolving fats to purge and soften the skin and can be found in many beauty products.

Papain can also work wonders for sports injuries such as bruising and swelling because of its ability to reduce swelling and thin mucous. Papain can be used for reducing the swelling of a sore throat and can help to alleviate sinus pain caused by blocked or swollen sinuses. Many people have reported a rapid reduction in symptoms of sore throats and sinus pain after taking papain enzyme.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

cajungirl
on 2/20/13 11:54 am
I haven't read anything negative about it. I have taken it a few times when something got stuck or I just didn't feel good after eating. I was surprised the first time how quickly I felt better.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?