First Day of Liquids...YUCK!

Megan S.
on 2/20/13 9:26 pm - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

So today is my first day on my 2 wk liquid diet. So in preparation of this I have been drinking/sampling different protein shakes so I would know which I liked. So why is it this morning when I go to drink one of my favorites, syntrax nectar's cookies and cream it taste like crap? Then I go to take one of my chewable vitamins that I liked so much...same thing, pure nastiness in my mouth. What is going on, I have been prepping for this for so long so that I would like the taste of the things I can have to make these 2 weeks bearable. Is it all in my mind?

~Megan

Savannahmom
on 2/22/13 2:21 am - NC
Had my surgery nov 14th, my taste changed a bunch after surgery especially with protein drinks as they were awfully sweet and before surgery they were ok, I now buy the sugar free powder carnation breakfast and mix with skim milk the protein is not as high as other drinks. It has 13 grams of protein but they taste so much better especially the vanilla. Hope this helps. Good luck
Megan S.
on 2/22/13 2:31 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I'll try that!!  It just seems so strange that I've been drinking these for weeks and actually liked them, now that I have to drink them, they are terrible.  Thanks for the suggestion.

~Megan

Most Active
Recent Topics