Trying to stay positive

CoCoBrown313
on 2/24/13 7:29 am - MI
I had surgery on Wednesday, I was just released from the hospital today. I am having the biggest case of buyers remorse. Im trying to stay positive but it's so hard. My stomach is so hard and bloated. I keep drinking but I still fill like crap. When will I start to feel better?
Karen518
on 2/24/13 7:49 am

The first days are the worst.  Hang in there. Sip, sip, sip.  Walk as much as you are able.  Rest when you need to.  It will get much better soon.  

HFrederick613
on 2/24/13 8:09 am - PA

It gets better, just hang in there.  Walk as much as you can, sleep with a pillow shoved under your side to help with comfort, drink as much as possible.  You will feel better, I'm 2.5 weeks post op and I feel pretty good at this point, I get tired pretty quick but I keep pushing and I haven't needed pain killers since day 5.  

Heather

Jilly Bean
on 2/24/13 8:28 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I think everyone goes through that - I sure did!  It will get better and you will be soooo happy you did it.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

DebsGiz
on 2/24/13 7:45 pm - FL

Give yourself about four to six weeks.  I found that at about six weeks out, I was back to feeling pretty "normal."

Welcome to the loser's bench, and let go of that "buyer's remorse" as you're on your way to a fantastic new life.  The phase you're in sucks, but six weeks from now I'm thinking you're going to have a whole new outlook.