Update about my surgery which is now moved

honestlinzel
on 2/27/13 12:59 pm - CA
So the past 2 days have been horrible. So much stress and anxiety and no one I know understands it and I have no one to talk to about it. They just tell me to not stress and that is soooo hard.

Anyways my surgery was set for march 11 and now is bumped to some time in April. We will find out by Friday when in April. My insurance is limited insurance and has not been telling me the correct info this entire time. Because I live in CA, I am able to switch insurance to the Obamacare insurance that started for people with Preexisting Conditions.

The problem is that I need a letter from my family doctor, a letter from surgeon and I need to fill out tons of paperwork and have it handed in all by the end of the day Friday. As of Saturday they are not accepting new patients until 2014! So this is me, freaking out and stressed. I had already planned to take the time off of work an had to explain to my boss why now I need that time off sometime in April. I also have to switch my moms plane ticket from NY to CA to April.

I am just so scared something else will go wrong. I need all the positive thoughts I can get. If this works out, they will pay 100% of my surgery costs as long as we pay a $2500 deductable first. Getting $2500 is another thing I have to deal with.

I need a hug

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

netnay
on 2/27/13 1:45 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((GREAT BIG OLE HUG)))))))))))))))))))))) Have you talked to the other insurance. I know some insurance companies can make exceptions for new members.

honestlinzel
on 2/27/13 1:48 pm - CA
We have. The earliest they can do it is April 1st because it takes a few weeks to do the paper work, then a few weeks for the hospital to verify it all. Boo

netnay
on 2/27/13 1:56 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

I know it is very frustrating but look at it this way, at least there is another option to help out financially. These past 7-8 months have been horrid on my nerves. And this past month, waiting on my insurance authorization seems to have been the longest part of it. I felt like things just was not working in the way they should be. So I somewhat understand your frustration about the waiting. and it is awful!!!

honestlinzel
on 2/27/13 1:58 pm - CA
That makes me feel better. As long as this new insurance accepts me, I will be fine. I need to get to that point. Then I can worry about they $2500 deductable I have to pay.

netnay
on 2/27/13 2:06 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

Just let me know how everything goes. you can add me as a friend if you would like.

honestlinzel
on 2/27/13 2:09 pm - CA
Ok! I will do that

thynnlynn
on 2/27/13 10:24 pm - MI

photo thhugs11.gif

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

tarsanne
on 2/28/13 12:15 am - MO
First of all (((big hugs)))
Secondly, I get the waiting part. I have been given the run around by insurance for a month. As of now I finally have authorization pending, and it has been for a week and a day. I'm PRAYING it goes through today! I will be thinking of you in my prayers as well! Feel free to add me too!
Jewelsstevens
on 2/28/13 12:49 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And prayers for you.