hiii :) new to this site...

iLuvTezzy
on 2/28/13 10:42 am - IN
hello everyone! jus wanted to introduce myself. I'm having RNY gastric bypass surgery March 21 2013 with Dr John Huse at St Vincent Bariatric in Carmel Indiana. I joined this site because my family hasn't been very supportive of my decision to have the surgery and I really wanted to interact with people who understood...is anyone here from Indiana? It would be great to get to know some of you
LadyLilMax
on 2/28/13 10:52 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Welcome, welcome, welcome!   So good to have you here.  I am fairly new myself but the people here are awesome and supportive.  What is it about the surgery that they are not supportive of?  I had mine on 12/11/12 and could not be happier!  What a change in my life, what a gift!  So I wish you so very well,my dear!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

iLuvTezzy
on 2/28/13 10:57 am - IN
they aren't supportive of anything! I try to talk to my mom about it and make her understand that I have to do this for me, I have to do this for my health...she told me that I am young and can lose the weight on my own, I'm just too lazy to do it. I've tried soo hard for soo long and it just isn't happening. I refuse to let her negativity get me down and I won't let her talk me out of it. I'm excited to start me new, healthier lifestyle
Mo Diggity
on 2/28/13 2:20 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

omg Tezzy... sounds just like my mom !! I brought it up to her about a year ago after this woman I know had RNY done & was down about 100 lbs. Well she FREAKED out and I basically let her talk me out of it. Fast forward a year (and me being like 10 lbs more) and I see the same woman again (about 2 months ago), now down 1/2 her body weight. She looked fantastic, felt fantastic, and just looked so much more happy.  This time I told my mom that I'm doing this anyway. She even talked to one of my in-laws at a party a few weeks back who had RNY 11 yrs ago & told my mom it was the best decision she'd ever made !! So I thought that was the end of it, that she was comforted by this... Nope. She still tells me I could do this myself, if I walked more, if I cut out carbs, if I snack less   As if me having to lose 100 lbs compares to her NEVER being 10-15 lbs overweight her entire life. I've just decided to try not to speak to her about it. As much as I would love to give her updates & share my excitement with her.... I guess I just can't. Maybe after surgery !!! I can dream anyway

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

lizzyspru
on 2/28/13 10:55 am

hiii!! welcome, i joined this site in october of 2011 and had my surgery 11/18/11.....it has helped me tremendously

GOOD luck with everything!!!!!!

iLuvTezzy
on 2/28/13 10:59 am - IN
thank u so much!
lindiesisson
on 2/28/13 10:55 am - IN
Hi I'm Linda I'm from the Ft Wayne area I'm in the process of my 3 month supervised insurance instructions. I'm pretty new also.
iLuvTezzy
on 2/28/13 10:58 am - IN
oh that's awesome I live in Kokomo so you're pretty close to me. good luck with everything!
madeformore
on 2/28/13 12:04 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Welcome! There is great support to be found here. I also recommend finding out if there are support groups in your area you can attend, even pre-op. I think this is especially important if you are not getting the support you need at home. Perhaps you can make some connections there so you can have someone in your area for support. We will do what we can from afar! Best of luck on your journey!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

chrissychris40
on 2/28/13 12:24 pm - PA

Hi and good luck i am new to so we can be friends i live in philadelphia pa and just getting started went to a seminar and now i have my first consultation march 21 and as of march 1 my smoking will stop i am hoping that i can get everything done by june thats when i want my surgery