Really, weight gain?

Sherry T.
on 2/25/13 7:52 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I hit my all time low since surgery on Sunday morning, even while during time of the month! Now that it's almost over, I'm up 3 pounds....I didn't even eat dinner much last night (just some chicken) because of school and I was up a pound yesterday....now 3??  I know it will soon pass but wow, it's dealing me a low blow.  Just struggling with life as of late...maybe it's stress, didn't get paid last week, school is at the cusp of digging in or giving up..which I can't give up...I am now the proud owner of a student loan and my son is struggling with me not being home and helping with his home work and my Mom is 72 and can't handle it or his ability to throw a fit when he doesn't want to do his homework.  Not that he can't, he just doesn't want too....and really not sure what to do about work...seeing some things I don't like but if I can hang on long enough if I have to start drawing unemployment again, I need the time to qualify since I was unemployed for 19 months and exhausted all my benefits then.   Atleast now with surgery I am more marketable. I don't look like a walking health liability.  

Thanks if you've read this far....I need to get up and shower and get ready for work and getting the kid to school.

I know it will get better but wow, really didn't need that this morning.

Take care everyone,

Sherry

Joyceebaby
on 2/25/13 8:00 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Hang in there!!!  The gain is only temporary.  This too shall pass.  You're dealing with a lot right now.  Be kind to yourself.

Jilly Bean
on 2/25/13 9:46 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I hear you.  I was 167 two days ago and today 171.  WTH??  It has to be water weight.  But it is disappointing to see it on the scale. It will go back down.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

ToNewBeginnings
on 2/25/13 9:57 pm
daphneb
on 2/26/13 12:22 am - AK

Yep, completely normal.  I am up and down up to 5lbs somedays, it is not easy to see on the scale as your old demons come back to haunt you.  However, I am not "pigging out" in anyway so I know it's the natural way of my body to fluctuate.  It doesn't make it any easier, but it is what it is.

As long as you are sticking to the plan, just plunge forward and it'll all balance out.  However, the stresses of life don't ever make it so easy.  I understand, completely!

Just pull out a old pair of pants when you started your journey, try them on and you'll see how far you've really come.

Always cheers me up:)  Hang in there, thing positive and good things will happen!