Can anyone relate?

Joyceebaby
on 3/1/13 7:17 am
RNY on 11/29/12

I'll try to make this as understandable as possible.

Lately I've been getting that "bingey" feeling.  Ya know, the one where you feel like you could eat the entire contents of your cupboards????  

Well, when I get that feeling, I get something healthy and eat until full.  Then I'm satisfied and that "bingey" feeling goes away.  

This is VERY strange for me.  Pre-surgery I would eat and eat and eat.  Now, I have that trigger that 'normal' people have.  That trigger that tells me "you've had enough, you're done".  I can't wrap my head around it.  I'm very thankful for this change, but also afraid it will go away.  I actually still have a diet mentality.  I still don't trust this new tool.

Anyone else feel like this??  I'll be talking to my counselor about this at our appointment tomorrow morning, but wanted some feedback to see how normal this may or may not be. 

Thanks for any input.

antigone139
on 3/1/13 9:01 am - TX

I am a revision patient too...Banded 03/11/2009  and RNY revision 12/27/2012. I dont have much in the way of a long term experience input.  But I get that way sometimes now too. And I really have to ask myself if I am really hungry or do I just want to taste something or chew on something.  I've been chewing Extra Gum for that lately ...because atleast there are different flavors.

chickenoregg
on 3/1/13 2:42 pm - Portland, OR
RNY on 02/26/13
I just had surgery and am still too swollen to feel anything but full. But when I smelled and saw the homemade pizza everybody else had (while I got cream of wheat****rtainly ... wanted? the pizza.
I guess this is head hunger. I felt glad I couldn't cave in even if I wanted to.
In the past I would have had one to four peices, plus pop or something.

Surgery (RNY) scheduled for Feb 26, 2013

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?