Not too panic'ed ...thanks to this forum and WLS

Zeigled
on 3/1/13 2:51 am - Parkton, MD

Ok....Well over the past 10 days, the scale went up.  This is the first time the scale has gone the other way since my surgery 19 months ago.  I seemed to have gained 6 lbs.  What I wanted to share is this is the first time I'm not panicking over it after gaining during a weight loss effort.  Also, this is the first time I feel like I haven't lost control and haven't had feelings of 'giving up'.  I'm not sure all the gain is 'real' - that is no****er related or something - but I'm sure I didn't eat an extra 20,000 calories over the past 10 days.  Still some gain is probably real.  Today I looked at the scale and said to myself, well - I have been eating some extra carbs.  I CAN stop doing that.  All day today, I have watched what I'm eating closely and made a point to not 'snack' on carbs.  I've chewed some gum (sugar free) and ate some cheese as snacks.   I'm doing well so far.  I read posts a lot hear the mantra of go back to basics and after having surgery, I CAN do that.  Pre-surgery, I really had a HARD time stopping.  I seem to be able to stop now.  This is day one and early but I really feel in control so far.  I'm very grateful for this forum - hearing everyone's past experiences and coping methods - and I'm very happy this surgery has helped me take back some control. 

Wishing everyone a happy Friday and great weekend.

HW 357 SW 341   

Megan S.
on 3/1/13 3:21 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

Good for you for nipping it in the bud before you were out of control!!!

jenarm
on 3/1/13 6:20 am - VA

Good for you! Sounds like you have the exact right attitude. Good luck to you!

Set for surgery 2/25

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?