so tired.......

Karen1961
on 3/5/13 1:41 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

Nine weeks since yesterday.  I actually had 3 good days in a row!  No vomiting, just a little nausea at night and I walked!  My hemoglobin is still low so I get pretty tired just working.  Today, however is a different day.  I'm blah, my emotions need to be surgically removed, nauseous all AM, and patients are bugging me!  I'm thinking there may be no walk at lunch.  I'm fantasizing about going in the break room and taking a nap.  This three steps forward, one back thing is normal right?

LadyLilMax
on 3/5/13 2:25 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Karen,

I am close to you on surgery dates!  I find at this stage each day is its own entity!  I do not seem to have too much trouble with nausea at this stage unless I overeat, eat too quickly or try meat.  I do still get tired and I cannot even imagine working at this point.  I walk at least maybe twice a day and that seems to help.  Yes I think 3 forward and one back is normal still.  I am thinking from reading so many posts that for most of us, "normal' starts at about the 8month to one year mark.  I just do the best I can, get in my vitamins, proteins and take it as it comes, LOL.  How blessed to have this opportunity ... it is like a do over on my life!  Wouldn't go back now for the world!  This too shall pass.  I wish you so much good luck!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Karen1961
on 3/6/13 2:25 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

Thanks so much for your reply!  It does feel like each day is kind of "on its own", doesn't it?  It sounds like your doing really well.  I had a few complications so I haven't gotten yet to the part that I am so excited to have done this - but I'm getting there!  I seem to have gotten over the super gross foamies (I hate foam so I think that was my own personal hell!) and seem just to have the nausea off and on.  Still, as I get to feeling better and better I think I'm more and more excited about the opportunity.   Good luck to you as well!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics