Has anyone NOT experienced hairloss?

Lisa R.
on 3/6/13 10:53 am - OH
RNY on 07/16/12 with

I have thick but fine hair and I luckily have no experience with hair loss.  But I know everyone has different experiences 

dorky_kelly
on 3/6/13 10:28 pm
RNY on 12/11/12

I am 12 weeks out and I keep waiting for the hair loss to happen, too.  I just had my 3-month appointment yesterday and my PA said that sometimes it doesn't start until 6 months.  I have really thick hair too, so I am hoping that it won't be noticeable to anyone but me if I do start to lose hair.

One thing I have noticed is that my fingernails WILL NOT GROW.  So frustrating.  And since they're made out of the same stuff as hair, that worries me a little that the hair loss is on its way...

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

pjb42659
on 3/7/13 12:46 am - OH

ok after reading all these posts I am a little scared.  I was told that as long as I got in enough protein every day I wouldnt lose any.  I am am 4 months out and so far so good.  but I have just noticed that its seemed to stop growing.  I am due for my root touchup and I cancelled because it hasnt grown out much.

michelle M.
on 3/7/13 12:57 am - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

I have heard that too.  I am 7 weeks post surgery and I am planning to get a wig or two.  I am really hoping that it won't happen, or course, but I am expecting it.  If anyone has additional input as to when this will happen please let us know.

Kimberly2010
on 3/7/13 12:53 pm - Panama City, FL

If you are going loose hair it usually starts to happen around the sixth month.  My hair loss continued for almost two years - it came back in really curly - almost fuzzy and about 30 months started to return to normal texture although the volume/thickness has not returned.

I always get at least 100 grams of protein per day and have taken biotin since six months prior to surgery.  Everyone is different -

This is just what happened to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views