Has anyone NOT experienced hairloss?

Miss_CC84
on 3/6/13 8:07 am - Sault Ste Marie, Canada

I am 8 weeks out, and when it comes to hair loss, so far so good. I mean I have super thick hair, so thick to the point that I always get the hairdresser to thin it out. However, I do not want it to thin out to the point of balding. I haven't noticed any difference yet with losing big chunks or hair. Is only some ppl that this happens to? Does sticking to your vitamin and protein plan help prevent this? Is it still too early for me to notice this side effect?

Findingme2013
on 3/6/13 8:11 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I've heard it can happen 4 or 5 months out!! I'm praying if it does, it's mild!!! ;)  Otherwise, it's a ball cap for me!!

Denise B.
on 3/6/13 8:15 am - Binghamton, NY

We all loose a small amount of hair each day.  For me I did not loose any more than the norm.  I have a super thick Itialian head of hair.  I do feel bad for those that have lost a massive amount with out a doubt!.  Like everyone posts here, make sure you take the proper amount of protein each day along with the vitamins.

Get a dream, make it yours, and let no one steal it!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Highest weight 285, day of surgery 265, current weight 209, and holding steady.

MichelleNC
on 3/6/13 8:21 am

They said today in our seminar that if you took protein and vitamins before surgery you can not guarantee that you won't have hair lose but it might be a bit less for you. She said each person is different. Good Luck I am planning on wigs my hair is thin to begin with.

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

debbie A.
on 3/6/13 8:37 am - inland empire, CA

Yup, thats my fear too!!!!  I havent had surgery yet but its getting close, next week. I dont want my hair to fall out either. I have thin stringy hair so it will be very noticeable.  . But it will all be worth it after RnY on march 13, yaayyyyyy

aquapeach
on 3/6/13 4:48 pm - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13

We have the same surgery date-- and yep that is a fear of mine. My hair is already very thin- if I was to lose more - I probably would have to go get a wig- seriously. ( My thyroid medication has hair loss as a side effect - so ...)

Good luck to you on the 13th! Keep us posted.

exohexoh
on 3/6/13 8:41 am - West Chester, PA

my hair was super thick and i was always getting it thinned too. i lost a good amount of hair but not the to the point that if you didn't know how thick my hair was before it would even be noticeable. it is yet to grow back in for me which i'm okay with other than how my bangs look. 

usually the hair loss is between months 3-6 and lasts for about 3-4 months.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

lizzyspru
on 3/6/13 8:46 am

my hair is thick, but nothing crazy.  it thinned a little but it was never noticable smiley

alaskasusan
on 3/6/13 9:13 am, edited 3/6/13 9:14 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I have had several friends who've had WLS, 3 had the band and 5 had RNY.  Of them, 1 banded and 2 RNY lost some hair.  The others lost none or so little that neither they nor I could tell.  I've been reading that most people do lose hair, but 5 out of the 8 I know didn't lose their hair, so it's hard to say.  I hope I'm one of the lucky ones but if not, it'll still be worth it to get to goal ~

cajungirl
on 3/6/13 10:34 am
I have very thick hair too. I did lose some but not chucks just more than I lose in a normal day. I never picked up clumps of hair or clogged the drains.

It wasn't noticeable to anyone besides me and my hairdresser just because it was slightly thinner she noticed.

It varies by person and there really isn't any way to tell before. I know with other surgical procedures or having babies I never lost hair.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active