What the heck is going on with me?????

Joyceebaby
on 3/9/13 6:34 am
RNY on 11/29/12

OK...this may not even have ANYTHING to do with my RNY, but I have to ask if this has happened to anyone else and if anyone knows what the heck is going on with me???

Last night, I fell asleep on the couch, no biggie, but when I got into bed, all of a sudden, it felt like every nerve in my body was on rapid fire!!!!  It was like I had "restless leg syndrome" but it was ALL OVER my body.  My skin was crawling, like I had a mild electric shock constantly, relentlessly, surging through me.    I could NOT shake it! I paced the house, begged God to make it stop, started to panic, broke out into a sweat, FINALLY laid down on the floor and cried until I fell asleep!  

Today I feel a good bit better, but still feel it's there.  I am SO afraid of it happening again.  It was a horrible experience.  

Any ideas????  I'm so scared of it happening again.  

emt_amy
on 3/9/13 6:46 am - MN
ive never heard of anything like that.... if you can make it to monday call your dr and go get it figured out.
it sounds scary.

pararomancemom
on 3/9/13 8:09 am - NC
RNY on 03/20/13

I agree with the other person posting.  I have not had surgery yet, but have not heard of that.  Call your doctor's office.

I hope all goes well, praying for you!

Ht: 5'4"; HW 239, SW 220, CW 204, GW125 

65rosesmom
on 3/9/13 8:39 am

That is bizarre.   Did you eat anything before hand that may have caused it.... it doesn't really sound like dumping, but I get a very rapid heart rate and just overall awfulness when I have sugar.   If it doesn't go away soon, I'd call the doctor.  That sounds scary.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Joyceebaby
on 3/9/13 10:09 am
RNY on 11/29/12

Thanks all...the only thing I can think of is that I took some Tylenol PM and about an hour later, I took Benadryl for a rash.  Maybe the two of them set off this bazaar reaction?

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 3/9/13 12:25 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Tylenol PM is Benadryl.  Both Tylenol PM and Benadryl are diphenhydramine.  Your body probably couldn't handle all the diphenhydramine.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

surfmind
on 3/9/13 1:52 pm
Sounds like an allergic reaction/ or overdose !!!!
The_girl_next_door
on 3/10/13 12:04 pm
I certainty do not want to alarm you, just keep this in the back of your mind. My daughter (15 years old now) has been dealing with this for 3 years now. Some days are better some are worse. She was diagnosed with reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome. It is discribed as a misconnect between the nerves and the brain. So that being said, if it happens again, see a rheumatologist please.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views